What's new

Musgo or Proraso?

Hmm...that's a tough one. Neither one would be my first choice, but if forced to choose, well...that's a tough one. Generally I prefer the scent of the Musgo more, but it's quite strong in comparison to the lighter Proraso. I prefer the function of the Proraso more, and its menthol tingle is nice. I guess if I had to choose, and I intended to make it my daily A/S, I would probably go with the Proraso, at least until such tiime as I found its scent gave me a headache and I couldn't stand it any more.

My real answer is D.R. Harris Pink.

Hmm...that's a tough one. Neither one would be my first choice, but if forced to choose, well...that's a tough one. Generally I prefer the scent of the Musgo more, but it's quite strong in comparison to the lighter Proraso. I prefer the function of the Proraso more, and its menthol tingle is nice. I guess if I had to choose, and I intended to make it my daily A/S, I would probably go with the Proraso, at least until such tiime as I found its scent gave me a headache and I couldn't stand it any more.

My real answer is D.R. Harris Pink.

Based on previous threads, I plan on picking up some Speick and then either the Musgo or Proraso. I was leaning Musgo but so many people hype up the Proraso it gave me pause. Let's face, whichever I get, I'll end up getting the other one at some point. :biggrin:

I was leaning Musgo but so many people hype up the Proraso it gave me pause.

You're right, although I certainly wasn't hyping it in my recommendation. After I posted, I almost went back and changed my vote to Musgo. Of those who are voting for Musgo, who have experience with both the current and older formulations, I'm curious to know which they prefer. The scent is identical in each, but they added a few more conditioning ingredients and changed the bottle for the current issue. I have both formulations but use them so seldom, I actually can't remember which one I like better.

You're right, although I certainly wasn't hyping it in my recommendation. After I posted, I almost went back and changed my vote to Musgo. Of those who are voting for Musgo, who have experience with both the current and older formulations, I'm curious to know which they prefer. The scent is identical in each, but they added a few more conditioning ingredients and changed the bottle for the current issue. I have both formulations but use them so seldom, I actually can't remember which one I like better.

I have that problem already, and I don't even have that many ***. I try to use them all once before starting the rotation again--I probably have 10? For me that's a lot, but there's always the next one--ASAD is where I got hit the hardest

Both Proraso and Musgo AS's have a scent that i really like a lot but couldn't wear on a frequent basis. Proraso might come close, very close even, but it has medicinal-ness that is just too much. and Musgo is a bit heavy for the summer months and doesn't fit 100% with my body for me to wear it too often.

i usually recommend speick, and that's gonna be the case today ...speick.

Personally, I would choose Proraso, no question. The climate I live in is far too hot and humid to consider using only Musgo.

Both are very good for different reasons.

Proraso is light, has a pleasant, masculine scent that's short lived and won't interfere with colognes, and a touch of menthol.

Musgo is heavy, has a powerful, long lasting, über-masculine scent and skin-healing goodies without the menthol. It gets sticky/tacky if you use too much.

For summer months, I'd recommend Proraso.

Personally, I would choose Proraso, no question. The climate I live in is far too hot and humid to consider using only Musgo.

Both are very good for different reasons.

Proraso is light, has a pleasant, masculine scent that's short lived and won't interfere with colognes, and a touch of menthol.

Musgo is heavy, has a powerful, long lasting, über-masculine scent and skin-healing goodies without the menthol. It gets sticky/tacky if you use too much.

For summer months, I'd recommend Proraso.

I'm also in Texas, so I know what you mean about avoiding anything too heavy in the summer months. I made the grievous error of wearing a dark suit yesterday, and walked downtown Houston from the courthouse to a restaurant about 10 minutes away. Fear the wrath of Ra!

I'm also in Texas, so I know what you mean about avoiding anything too heavy in the summer months. I made the grievous error of wearing a dark suit yesterday, and walked downtown Houston from the courthouse to a restaurant about 10 minutes away. Fear the wrath of Ra!

Seriously. My thermometer said 108 day before yesterday. :eek:

Wow, tough choice!! The menth-head in me loves Proraso's cooling kick but the Musgo is a must-have when I have discomfort/irritation...

However, since it's summer, I'll say Proraso.

Had both...liked the Musgo initially but the scent wore off on me.

Then I got the Proraso...hands down best splash I've ever tried.

WCS has the Musgo back in stock! back to a tough decision. Although now I'm leaning Proraso whereas before I was leaning Musgo

If it's killing you that much deciding, just get both. Both bottles would cost only a little more than what WCS charges for a bottle of Harris Pink, which is what I would choose. So look at it this way...you're actually saving money by getting both, instead of getting the Pink! (I know you weren't considering the Pink, but it's what I use, and that's enough for you to justify the rationale. Get it?)

Now that you've got that decided, do you want a sponsor for Enablers Anonymous? I'm here to help. :biggrin:

If it's killing you that much deciding, just get both. Both bottles would cost only a little more than what WCS charges for a bottle of Harris Pink, which is what I would choose. So look at it this way...you're actually saving money by getting both, instead of getting the Pink! (I know you weren't considering the Pink, but it's what I use, and that's enough for you to justify the rationale. Get it?)

Now that you've got that decided, do you want a sponsor for Enablers Anonymous? I'm here to help. :biggrin:

I appreciate the enabling, but I also plan on getting Speick ASL and Cella soap...that's why I had to choose between the Proraso and Musgo. Granted, 20 bucks isn't that much, but when it's on top of a big bill already...:eek:

I've never tried the old formulation of Musgo but the new is just too tacky for me. Either I use a little and it's not tacky but doesn't work as well or I use a lot and it works well but is way to tacky on the skin. My vote is for Proraso (or Speick!).

I had decided on the Proraso (along with Cella & Speick ASL). But payday has come, and after all the bills are paid, I can't justify buying still more aftershave products. So I will have to self-deny and delay the purchase until next payday. ARGH. I hate being responsible.

Top Bottom