What's new

Musgo, Musgo, Musgo, can you say Musgo?

On a recent trip back stateside, I decided to give the entire Musgo product line up a go, and bought the cream, the balm and the A/S. I just finished my 4th shave with all of them, and all I can is Wow! I could not be any happier with the entire product line.

Here where I live, the water is hard, I mean really hard. Yet Musgo lathers up beautifully without any problems at all. I have learned that I am better off applying 1/2 of the amount for the first 2 passes, and then the other 1/2 for the next 2 passes, as the hard water seems to break down the lather. That said, I am getting a fantastic lather with great glide. It has worked well with both my Simpsons Colonel XL and my SR 3722.

The post shave consisting of the balm and the A/S are equally amazing. I have been basking in this shave and post shave treatment for the past hour, and simply cannot get over how great a shave I got, and how good my skin feels.

I have been disappointed by other classic highly touted products which I will not bother to name, and was half prepared for disappointment again. This time, I was pleasantly surprised. Musgo Real has now become a permanent member of the den, and I will stock up on my next trip back. So, call me a Musgo fan boy if you will; I'll just have to live with it. :tongue_sm

I have tried at least 5 different pre-shave products and found no significant difference in my shaves. I even tried the Musgo balm as a pre-shave as suggested by the box, and did not notice any difference. Given my usual pre-shave prep. which includes washing my face with a olive oil soap, I don't think it would make a difference. That said, Musgo makes great stuff, and I intend to keep my out for any new offerings from them in the future. Thanks for the input!

I even tried the Musgo balm as a pre-shave as suggested by the box, and did not notice any difference.

I think that poraso recomends using their balm as pre shave but have never heard of read of Musgo doing the same. May be the boxes are different state side.

Cant see how it would help though, certainly not as well as their pre shave oil

Isn't Musgo great stuff? I love it, both the cream and the A/S balsam. Fortunately for me there is a local store that carries both the cream and the A/S splash and balsam.

I'm glad you discovered Musgo. Everyone should give it a try. :thumbup:

I've used the Musgo cream. Works quite well, but it took me a while to get used to the smell. Once I've bought a soap or cream, I will use it up, so I guess I had to learn to tolerate the odor out of self defense. Eventually I actually liked it, although I prefer the comparative absence of scent you get with Proraso.

I like the Musgo cream and the scent has grown on me. I find this cream a tad harder to rinse from my brush due I'm sure to the lanolin than other soaps or creams I have tried, this in no way diminishes the great shave I get from this cream. It is a great value for the price.

My wife got me the Musgo Real A/S and I love it! I plan on testing their cream when I get my current inventory down some. I have enough options now, LOL.

I've used the Musgo cream. Works quite well, but it took me a while to get used to the smell. Once I've bought a soap or cream, I will use it up, so I guess I had to learn to tolerate the odor out of self defense. Eventually I actually liked it, although I prefer the comparative absence of scent you get with Proraso.

Actually, my experience is somewhat opposite of yours. I liked the smell of the cream immediately; for some reason it has that "barbershop" aroma that I associate with a few other products such as Clubman, Old Spice, etc. With Proraso I found that the lack of odor was no big deal, but the menthol, camphor and eucalyptus was too much for my skin. It also did not lather well for me, but now in hindsight, I attribute it to my lack of experience (I had just started wet shaving again), and the incredibly floppy Col. Conk badger brush that I was using at the time. I know that there are lots of Proraso fans here, it just was not for me. The green tea and aloe soap/cream is definitely on my radar, though.

Took me awhile to get into the smell, too. I had to stop using it after the first 3 or 4 shaves. Now, with it a part of a large rotation, I get cravings for it!

:thumbup: LOVE THEE MUSGO!! :thumbup:
i'm a soap guy but one of my few creams i use is a tube of musgo.
i travel with it quite frequently. and the aftershave is a nice follow up.
the oiliness of the aftershave is not loved by everyone but it doesn't really
bother me too much.

I got the Musgo balm in the mail yesterday and used it after my shave last night. Great scent, absorbs quickly, and very pleasant on the skin. Good stuff!

My Musgo ASB is sitting at home on my porch at the moment. I can't wait to get home and open it up to test this controversial scent!

Top Bottom