What's new

Musgo is a no go!

Love Musgo...have never had a problem creating tons of wonderful lather or residue on my brush. I will always have musgo in the rotation.
+1. I get great results with Musgo even with my very hard water. No residue problems, no irritation, and i for one love the scent-reminds me of a barbershop.

I really hated the smell at first too but it has really grown on me and it is one of my favorite cream scents. I usually combine the cream with the a/s lotion (after dampening my face with some witch hazel). My secretary liked the scent of the a/s so much that she bought some for her husband for Fathers Day.

I really hated the smell at first too but it has really grown on me and it is one of my favorite cream scents. I usually combine the cream with the a/s lotion (after dampening my face with some witch hazel). My secretary liked the scent of the a/s so much that she bought some for her husband for Fathers Day.

Which A/S? I love the smell of Musgo so much that I bought the bath soap!!:tongue_sm

I have gone thru about 3 or 4 tubes of Musgo....in general...it is a good performing cream....and I mug lather....but it is not worth me getting a refill anytime soon....much rather buy more Proraso green or Cella.

I did enjoy Musgo when I had it. Always used a brush with it to good results. However Proraso and TOBS just keep pulling my money to them. I may try it again someday.

MR is a very thirsty cream ... I add two or three times as much water as I do to other soaps and creams. And I get great lather from it and a terrific shave.

I never have any trouble with it gunking up my brush ... if it does that, its a good sign you're not giving it enough water.

And BTW, I've found that MR works better as a brushless cream ... not that I have any problems working it with a brush. Its just easier and faster to put it on by hand, and there's no cleanup after I'm done.

I've got 2/3 of a tube left...I've always enjoyed it (great scent and lather), but realized that I haven't used it in a while...and I've been buying a ton of soaps lately. Thinking maybe I'll put myself on a strict diet of Musgo until it's gone (then I can start playing with the new ones). Sigh...decisions, decisions...

To All,

I just tried Musgo Real shave cream because I read a positive review about it on shaveblog (can I say that here?), and I wanted to try a brushless cream. As someone who normally shaves with a cream and brush, I found the experience pretty bad. I had to keep squeezing that tube four or five times to keep re-lathering for each pass, and I got no lather at all really, just a light coating of cream. The shave was mediocre- I didn't dare go against the grain like I normally do with Taylors or Proraso. Worst of all, I really didn't need my hands to smell like Musgo all day. Any thoughts?

Dan

Remember the B&B Golden Rule YMMV!

I picked up a tube and use it occasionally, particularly when my skin needs extra moisture. I find it to be great in that regard.

I like the smell.

Did we even have the internet back in 2006?

This was quite the dredge:laugh:

proxy.php

Received my Musgo Real cream yesterday, and I shaved with it last night. I found the smell to be pleasant. I like that it is not too strong. I can't place the smell though. I'm not very well educated in all the scents. Patchouli? Vetiver? No idea what those are. I did notice the smell opened up when lathered.

I don't think I spent enough time building the lather. It was VERY slick, but I didn't get it to be very protective. I'll have to experiment with it to see how best to work with it. So far though, it seems very moisturizing, which is my favorite quality in a soap or cream.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like the scent & performance of Musgo Real. The scent smells like 'old world' barbershop. It lathers great with a brush and is slick and moisturizing. However, each time I lather up for a following pass, It slowly starts to irriate my face, making it start giving a slight burning feeling. By the time the 3rd pass is complete, the burn starts to get somewhat unfomfortable. After the shave, my face will feel slightly raw until I aftershave balm.

I figured it was the lanolin. However, I have no such problems with MWF, La toja or Godrej.

I use it almost every day, and I'm a new "retread" to DE shaving, so my impressions are limited - I'm trying a half dozen or so creams/soaps ATM. I prefer it to Omega/Proraso, and I use it both with and without a brush; in fact, I seasoned my new Vulfix with it (worked great). When used brushless it works well, in my opinion, but brushless means a dearth of airy bubbles, since you can't really aerate the stuff with your hands alone. It tends to need more brushless, too: I estimate I'll use twice as much product than using a brush (and this is consistent with other so-called brushless creams I'm using). I've used a lot of creams over the years in tubes versus cans, and I can't say I've ever found one that supplies copious tiny bubbles or any that explode into lather (unless it's a gel formulation, which I dislike). I've not noticed razor buildup, either. With a brush is better, admittedly, but I get just as close a shave either way. The scent is unique, not unpleasant, and innocuous after ten minutes. One thing I do like is that it's 'bens free, although that alone isn't a deal breaker for me. I'm puzzled by the OP's difficulty with this product, but that sometimes happens, as we aren't all alike.

Where do you get the one without? Where do you get the one with lanolin? How do you know?

It hasn't done anything to my brushes...some of the older version with lanolin took a little longer to rinse, but for me there was no buildup.
Jeff, I wonder if you may be allergic to Lanolin. Have you tried the one without?
Musgo really is good stuff.
John P.

Top Bottom