What's new

Museum Grade Toggle?

Nice 'As New' condition razor & box, but it isn't that rare.

I have two D1's & only one F4...., but it will probably reach a silly price because of the way it is described, it doesn't really deserve to however because it is not Super-Rare.

Regards
John

yasuo200365 said:
Nice 'As New' condition razor & box, but it isn't that rare.

I have two D1's & only one F4...., but it will probably reach a silly price because of the way it is described, it doesn't really deserve to however because it is not Super-Rare.

Regards
John

I agree:

proxy.php

These aren't that very rare indeed; i bought mine a while ago for a very reasonable price. It also has the D1 code, but the outer cartboard box is missing; it's in absolutely newstate, i couldn't find any traces of usage at all, after meticulously inspection with a magnifying glass.
Got another 3 toggles, one with D1, the other with F4. One is not new but in excellent condtion, the other two show substantial ware from (ab)using.

Peter

rtaylor61 said:
I'll bet this one goes well over $200! Over 8 days left in the auction.

Randy

Yup, auction's almost over and it's been bid to over $250. Amazing. People will buy anything for any price if it's marketed the right way.

Museum Quality? Geez, whatever.

Peace,

Pierre

letterk said:
Well, I wouldn't pay that much for it, but I wouldn't call Tony a sucker either.

$418.00? Damn! I can't imagine paying that much for a razor... but to each his own, I guess.

One of you gents that has a toggle should contact him and tell him you would have sold yours for $417.00.

I was watching this auction right from the start, and before the price went North of $300 I was attempted to have a bid myself. I think the reason it attracted so much attention was because the date was 1958 and Toggle's were only available in 1960, it's a pre release version or something along those lines. I probably got the date's wrong but that is why this razor went for a premium.

I wish Tony all the best with his new acquisition - no offence intended - I agree that we're all free to spend our money on what we want.

I just hope that he's happy with his razor (wonder if he'll use it :biggrin:) and I'm sure it will make a nice addition to his collection.

Now, where did I put my tulip bulbs and South Sea Company shares...)

Kyle said:
One of you gents that has a toggle should contact him and tell him you would have sold yours for $417.00.
I posted this same topc at SMF. The reason that Toogle is worth that much to Tony is because it's complete. Everything that normally gets thrown away is still there. All the packaging, all the paperwork. I know to old toy collectors the box in pristine shape is work as much or more then the toy itself. Bob.

Suzuki said:
I wish Tony all the best with his new acquisition - no offence intended - I agree that we're all free to spend our money on what we want.

I just hope that he's happy with his razor (wonder if he'll use it :biggrin:) and I'm sure it will make a nice addition to his collection.

Now, where did I put my tulip bulbs and South Sea Company shares...)
Tony sells Porches, he'll never use that razor, says he mostly uses an old Fatboy. Just like Gold razor and has the money to spend on them. Bob.

cooncatbob said:
I posted this same topc at SMF. The reason that Toogle is worth that much to Tony is because it's complete. Everything that normally gets thrown away is still there. All the packaging, all the paperwork. I know to old toy collectors the box in pristine shape is work as much or more then the toy itself. Bob.
That's cool. If you have the money and desire to spend it, then you should. It is, after all, just money, and I would guess that Tony will get a lot more enjoyment out of looking at his razor than looking at 4 $100 bills.

Top Bottom