What's new

Murray's Superior pomade review

Until yesterday, I hadn't been using Murray's superior pomade for a while. I'd been either wearing my flat cap or mixing wax pomades, Murray's and Royal Crown Hair Dressing into my golden blond hair to create a plastered shoe polish shine look like the street drummer in the Taxi movie. Not satisfied with looking like an average person, I decided to use my life-changing Murray's to transform myself to a star look alike. I guess I had forgotten how great I look when I use Murray's. I was actually thinking of just covering up my hair with a hat for the rest of my life, because I hate my hair. Thankfully, I turned to Murray's Superior to help restore my faith in pomade, and I'm so glad I did.

When I don't use Murray's for a while, I start to feel like an average person and lose the magnetic pull that I have to the opposite sex. Women don't crazy for me as much. But when I put Murray's in my hair, it's like I become totally irresistible to them. What can I say. I wish I could say it was me, but I can't. It's the Murray's that does it.

Yesterday, I reached for this 1925 gem, one of the favorites of Clooney and Dicaprio, and and the transformation was incredible. We're talking total star. The beauty of it is, Murray's only costs $3 per tin. Murray's is good creating texture, shine or volume, take your pick. I tend to use Murray's to straighten out my hair, pin down my sides, and create volume for the front of my hair. On occasion, I'll add three scoops of Murray's Superior to slick my hair back to the 1920s look. I like the formal look Murray's Superior gives me. It's like having fresh haircut everyday I use it, no matter how long my hair is.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Very entertaining thread! Makes me want to dig out the little orange can and give Murray’s another try.

Murray's Superior is amazing stuff. The trick with using Murray's is getting the right amount for one's hair. Using too little or too much doesn't give the best results. Murray's Superior is a great base pomade to start out.

I use a dab or two of Murray's Superior to get my hair in the perfect style, and then I'll add a topper of Royal Crown Hair Dressing or Murray's Super Light pomade to get the 1920s look to my hair. Murray's Superior locks in my hair to the shape that I originally combed it, and basically stays in that position the entire day. The hold, shine and the look that Murray's Superior gives my blond hair is perfect!

murr.jpeg

mu.jpeg

Creating shiny 1920s hair with Murray's Superior

Murray's Superior pomade isn't considered a high shine pomade, capable of giving that glassy look to one's hair that you would get if you applied a pomade like Royal Crown Hair Dressing or Murray's Super Light pomade. Contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to create shiny hair using Murray's Superior. The trick is to use at 3 to 4 scoops of the product on WET hair. It helps greatly if your hair is wet. For today, I'm going out to lunch with my family, so applied 3 large scoops of Murray's Superior pomade to my wet hair after I got out of the shower this morning. After I combed it through, I was pleasantly surprised at how shiny my hair looked. Besides the Murray's giving me the 1920s, pinned down look made fame my 20s icons like Rudolf Valentino, the product also gave my hair an incredible shine. I was tempted to throw in some Brilliantine oil, which is what many of these stars would mix in after they would apply a lightweight pomade, but I held off because I wanted to appreciate the look Murray's Superior gave my hair. Yeah, it takes a lot of product to get a high shine using Murray's Superior, but this classic pomade sells for just $3 per tin, so it's not a big deal to use a lot of it at once. I must say, I look like a movie star today. This is the best I've looked in ages, thanks to Murray's Superior. This pomade has changed my life.

murra.jpeg

Remembering the first time I used Murray's Superior pomade...

Years ago when I was in high school, I was told about Murray's Superior pomade by my parents, who suggested that I try it out to control my wild blond hair, which was all over the place. Even though I was young, I already looked like a movie star, and I had kids, that I didn't know, saying, 'Hi', to me all day trying to meet me. The girlfriends that I had at the time often told me, 'You're so perfect, but your hair. It's too out of control with the curls. I wish you could change it.' They were right, of course. I listened to my parents, and purchased some Murray's Superior by ordering it through the mail. When I finally got my hands on the Murray's, I have no understanding how to use it. I remember scooping out a big globe of Murray's pomade from the tin, and just smearing it into my hair. I had a huge clump of the pomade in my hair. I tried to comb it through, but it was like cement. As such, I tossed the tin away without ever using it again. I do remember the Murray's Superior being a lot thicker back then compared to the way is now, which is kind of like Royal Crown with the way it's so soft. The Murray's Superior that I had then, which wasn't that long ago, was more like Murray's Xtra Heavy pomade. The stuff was almost impossible to scoop out of the tin, and even tougher to apply to my hair. I was like hardened wax. In my senior year in High School, I decided to give Murray's Superior another try, as I'd read about how James Dean had supposedly used, and I figured I should give it a try in order to control my surfer hair. This time, I scooped out a nice small amount from the Murray's tin, and rubbing it between my hands to break up the waxy like product before applying it into my hair. I quickly combed the Murray's product through my very thick hair, and I was immediately surprised when all my girls disappeared, and my hair was straight for the first time in my life. The reactions I got from girls at school was immediate. They were throwing themselves at me even more than they had before. I would walk down the halls, and I would have girls shouting, "HI!' to try try and get me to come over and talk with them. I was transformed into looking like a movie star, thanks to Murray's Superior pomade. From that point on, I was a different person. I mean, I was already looking like a movie star before, but the Murray's Superior took my Hollywood movie star looks to another level. Murray's changed my life, making me MORE perfect than I already was.

One benefit of Murray's Superior that I left out of my review is the way it allows me to avoid having to get haircuts. When my hair gets long, I throw in 3 to 4 scoops of Murray's, and that pins it down. It makes me look like my hair is short. I figure I save a good $400-500 per year on haircuts thanks to Murray's Superior.

Top Bottom