What's new

Murray's Superior pomade review

murray's superior1.jpg

For today's review of Murray's Superior pomade, I added 2 large scoops or Murray's to my DRY hair. My hair is sort of long right now, otherwise I would use just 1 scoop of Murray's. I had little problems combing the thick Murray's through my hair. Adding less Murray's is always better than adding too much. If you add too much, then you'll be stuck with a hair style that is more of a slick back or side part. I prefer rocking a pompadour or a messy hair look. Both styles go perfectly with my blond hair.

On the initial application, I always use a large tooth comb for the job. I look incredible with Murray's in my hair today. This is the best my hair has looked in over a week. I honestly don't want to brag, but I DO look like a movie star today with Murray's in my hair. I don't know why I look so good with Murray's Superior in my hair. It does something to me to make me look like a star.

The texture that Murray's gives my thick hair enables me to style my hair with a lot of height/volume. I love this pomade for the messy hair look, especially when I sleep with this stuff in my hair. I don't even need to bother combing it in the morning. I just finger comb, have a cup of nice coffee and I'm out the door for work. Murray's allows my hair to be pliable. It doesn't set into an unmovable position like sometimes happens when I'm using a thick wax pomade like Voodoo Brew, High Life Heavy or Lockhart's Heavy.

I prefer applying Murray's to my hair when it's dry rather than wet because I can get more volume that way. I don't have time to use a blow dryer in the morning, and I would never use one anyway. I prefer going old school the way that people used this product in the 1920s without blow dryers and such. A lot of users that try this product tend to give up almost immediately due to the difficulties they have in washing it out. Unfortunately, newbie users with little experience in pomades tend to give up on Murray's without understanding how to use it or how to wash it out. They apply too much of the product, and then have problems trying to get it out of there hair. if they knew what they were doing, they would enjoy it like I do. The Hollywood crowd knows how to use Murray's. This pomade works for all types of hair. It doesn't matter if you have thin hair. It still works just as well as it does for thick hair. You just need to use a lot less. I would never use a lighter oil to loosen up Murray's. I couldn't do that. I wouldn't want to taint this great product by using it with another product.

The man that created Murray's Superior in 1925, C.D Murray, was an absolute genius! I wish I could have known him.

---

I'm back with my Anne Bancroft look-alike girlfriend. She came over unannounced late last night. She was dressed in all black with dark makeup around her eyes. She looked incredible, like the real Anne Bancroft. I'd broken up with her several weeks ago, and I'd forgotten how attractive she is. It was nice to be with her. It felt like I hadn't seen her in years rather than just a few weeks. We talked a long time, and she wants to continue going out. She can't forget me. I like being with her, because she's incredibly social. She wants to go to parties, dinners, theater and plays. I kind of got tired of the parties, considering I was having to fight off all these girls/women that were throwing themselves at me. I don't like being hit on all the time. Believe me, when I go parties, I have women going after me without end. I don't like it. I don't want to be mean to them, but they kind of force me to with the way they approach me without any invitation. I don't make eye contact with them. On the contrary, I look the other way and keep my head down. I know how it ends when I look at these women. It's like a game for them, but not me. I tolerate the parties because I like my girlfriend, but it's draining, because I work a lot of hours and usually low on energy when it comes to social functions.

I tend to lose my memory when I break up with a girl. I forget how they look like, and I don't think backwards to what it was like being with them. I move on. I never look backwards in my life. It's a waste of time. But I'm glad that I'm back with my Bankcroft look-alike girlfriend. She's the most attractive girl I've seen before. I'm currently dating a women that is an exact copy of a young Lauren Bacall. I women hitting on me all the time, so I'm picked out the ones that looked the best, and they happen to look like movie stars from the past. I guess I've become kind of spoiled due to all the women approaching me. To honest, I NEVER make the first move. I usually focus on what I need to do when I go places. I never go anywhere hoping to me someone, and yet it still happens almost everyday for me. I do look like a star, so they go after me. I think Murray's pomade enhances my Hollywood move star looks. Before I used Murray's, I was just normal good looking guy. But Murray's has changed everything in my life, like a good luck charm or love potion. It's neat. I hate being hit on most of the time, but it's still good though when have great looking girlfriends.

Last edited:
murrays'1.jpg

Washing out Murray’s Superior pomade

You can remove Murray’s Superior pomade using a variety of methods. For a lot of users, they mostly shampoo their hair 2 to 3 times to remove using the old lather, rinse and repeat method. That method works, but it’s time consuming and it doesn’t always produce the best results. Here are my methods for removing Murray’s Superior:

1. Apply mineral oil to your hair. Make sure your hair is saturated with the oil, as this will help loosen up the Murray’s Superior.

2. Apply Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist conditioner while to your hair BEFORE you take a shower. This product is one of the best grease cutting conditioners on the market.

3. Use a good clarifying shampoo to remove the Murray’s Superior pomade along with the mineral oil. I use Suave shampoo and sometimes Head and Shoulders shampoo. Both are excellent at removing oil.

4. Shampoo x 2.

That’s my proven method for removing Murray’s Superior pomade, and any oil/wax based pomade. Some people prefer to use Groom and Clean to remove Murray’s Superior. It works, but it leaves one’s hair dried out and lifeless due to the product being a water base gel pomade. When I first started using petroleum based pomades, I used Groom and Clean. I wasn’t happy with the results. It took too much product to remove the oil based pomade, and it left my hair looking and feeling like hay.

Murray’s Superior pomade can’t be beat for the price, and for what it can do for one’s hair. The volume that I get with Murray’s Superior and Murray’s Xtra Heavy pomade is close to what I get when I’m using a clay pomade. Murray’s Superior pomade sells for $3 per time, whereas your typical clay will run you from $15 to $22. You don’t get a lot of product with the clay's in a lot of cases.

Second day results

One of the things that make Murray’s Superior such great pomade is how good your hair looks the second and even the third day of use. I can keep Murray’s Superior in my hair for days and look even better than when I first applied it. I don’t get that with any hair product. Murray’s remains pliable in one’s hair. I can get perfect results after combing it back into shape or I can leave it messy for the messy hair look, which has become very popular.

Last edited:
The benefits of using Murray's Superior:

• Murray's Superior Adds texture/definition
  • Hair looks great for days without needing to rewash when using Murray's Superior pomade
  • Murray's Superior Works with ANY hair type
  • Creates excellent shine. This is an advantage for people who want their hair to look on point.
  • Adds lift to hair. Murray Superior is excellent for creating volume to hair
Murray's Superior pomade has been around since 1926, and it's still going strong in 2017. Other than the scent, the formula is still the same since it was created by CD Murray.

About a quarter-sized scoop of Murray's. I have to use a lot of the product when my hair is long like it is now.

Thanks, Big J!

Pepin, I agree. Murray's works well as a mustache or beard wax. It gives great control along with the excellent scent.

Pepin, I agree. Murray's works well as a mustache or beard wax. It gives great control along with the excellent scent.

I have also tried the Reuzel Pink, and while it works very nicely the scent is too overpowering. I have left the tin open hoping it dissipates. I have a tin of Schmiere Knuppelhart on the way to try also. I am curious how Sweet Georgia Brown's would be.

high life1.jpg

High Life Heavy pomade or High Life Mustache Wax might be a good option.

Ingredients: White Microwax, Petrolatum, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil

high life2.jpg

I have also tried the Reuzel Pink, and while it works very nicely the scent is too overpowering. I have left the tin open hoping it dissipates. I have a tin of Schmiere Knuppelhart on the way to try also. I am curious how Sweet Georgia Brown's would be.
Sweet Georgia Brown Red and Blue are both amazing products, with Red being my personal favorite. Don't use them as mustache waxes, however, as they are extremely shiny.

I'm using Murray's Superior pomade today. I added 2 scoops of pomade to my wet hair. My hair is perfect! I need to get a haircut, but I've avoiding it. I don't want to bother. I'm going to use Murray's Superior to keep my hair looking short. I'll cut the back of my hair myself, and use Murray's Superior to get the Valentino look. This woman that cuts my hair is in love with me. I can't handle getting my hair cut from her anymore. She's nice but I don't want to deal with her in 2018.

For the remainder of 2018, I'm only going to use Murray's Superior. I've decided! I just want to go old school and keep things simple. My hair is too long for me to use wax pomades, as they give me too mush eraser-head type volume. I want to make my hair look shorter without having to deal with the burden of getting monthly haircuts in this one-horse town that I live in.

---

I had a really great trip with my Anne Bankcroft look alike girlfriend. A lot of women were throwing themselves at me while I walked around the train, especially on New Years eve. It was an amazing trip. I got a lot of work done and thoroughly enjoyed it. For the gents that are looking to meet women, long train trips are definitely one way of accomplishing that goal.

murray's58.jpg

Murray’s Superior day 2 build up

· Rinse hair – no shampoo or conditioner

· Added 1 medium sized scoop of Murray’s Superior to my wet hair.

· Results: hair looking shinier than ever and with total control. My hair looks well groomed despite the fact that I haven’t had my hair cut for 3 months. The vanilla scent of Murray’s Superior is amazing. I'm not used to adding Murray's Superior to my hair when it's wet. The difference in shine from wet hair to dry hair is significant. My hair looks shinier today.

Star here. What an amazing day. My combo of Murray's Superior, Lanoloin and Tres Flores Brilliantine oil has me looking absolutely like a Hollywood movie star. It's the Murray's Superior that started it out as the building block.

My combo is like a solid version of Brylcreem, but with s superb hold. I improved their product.

murray-s-superior-hair-dressing-pomade1.jpg

Murray's Superior Pomade is perhaps the best pomade created for the short and neat look. My hair has looked absolutely horrible for the last couple of days while using a wax pomade. For my thick hair, Murray's Superior is the only one that works for me. The wax pomades lack the hold that is required for my hair and other people with thicker/curly hair.

Today everything changed with me using Murray's Superior. I put in in 2 scoops of this pomade in my dry hair this morning, and it had me looking like I had just been given an ivy league haircut. Absolutely need a haircut but I refuse to do it. I'm going to tough it out this year and go primitive by using Murray's and chopping my hair off blindly.

I don't want to brag but I do kind of look like a star today. It's Murray's Superior that is making me look this way. Something about this product turns me into a star each time I use it.

Murray's Superior ingredients:
Mineral Oil;Petrolatum;Fragrance

Shine: Medium

Tin size: 3oz

One of these days Murray's Pomades will increase the price of this incredible pomade so that it'll match it's value. Right now, Murray's Superior pomade is still an incredible bargain.

Thank you for the great detailed review, and updates.

Before going back to being a head shaver I used Murray's Superior, and it was a wonderful product. Easy to apply and style, with a great subtle scent.

I still used it as a mustache wax; works great as that also.

Thanks, Pepin. Murray's is such a classic. It's neat that it's been around since 1926. All the pomades that have come and gone since then, and Murray's is still around. That says a lot. Murray's Superior is an excellent product for a mustache. The hold off this stuff is excellent, and it's not hard to wash out compared to waxes. I can remove Murray's pretty easily.

Top Bottom