What's new

Murray's pomade

Just wanted to point out that if your hair is fine (meaning the individual hairs are thin......not to be confused with thinning hair which just means it's falling out!) then Murry's and other waxes or petroleum based products are probably not for you. They can be too heavy and actually weigh your hair down. It also causes the hairs to clump together revealing the scalp which will make your hair look thiner than it is.

Moral of the story, If you're like me and have finer hair but don't want to use gels or hairsprays that make your hair feel like concrete there ARE some pomades that will work for you. (when i say 'pomades' i mean anything in a jar) My favorite right now is Loreal 'Out of Bed'. There's also a garnier frutise product that's pretty good. And the new Gillette products aren't bad either. As a general rule, if it's hard to the touch (like a wax) it's best for thicker hair. If it's gooey or creamy to the touch it will work well for fine hair.

S

Sam

I have some Cool Grease up for sale. I agree that for thin hair, unless you spike it up (which I did until my wife and hairdresser suggested the Cesaer look) pomades are a bit greasy and weigh it down. I also like the last post that gooey works. I would love to go back to American Crew styling gel, but gels dry hard and hold hair together. I am using Schwartzkopf Osis Thrill, a fibre gum, that gives it some pliablity and hold as well, though when combing the hair forward, you don't need much hold.

But for a Pomade, Cool Grease was the best as far as shine (high) and hold (medium) without weighing hair down. Since it was in a giant 7 ounce tub, it was a value over most hair salon brands.

Top Bottom