What's new

Murray's Beeswax pomade

Murray's Beeswax pomade is a petroleum/wax pomade that Murray’s has had in their product line for quite some time. It’s not one of their vintage pomades, but it’s still been in use for a long before many of the current home-brew pomades on the market.

Murray’s Beeswax is a low shine wax pomade. You can get shine out of this pomade if you add 2 or 3 large scoops. For $3 per 4 oz. jar, Murray’s Beeswax is pomade that you can afford to use large amounts without worrying about breaking the bank. I tend to use a moderate amount, just enough to style my hair. If I want my hair to look shiny, I’ll a topper to my hair like Murray’s Hair Glo pomade.

beewax1.jpg

When my hair is short, I use Murray’s Beeswax to spike it. This stuff works well for that purpose. I rate it above Butch Wax for spiking. I can spike my hair with this pomade it stays in position the entire day and evening without losing the hold. Even the next day, my hair is still spiked.

Murray’s Beeswax is for demanding hair styles. It’s great for pompadours and flattops. I tend to use Murray’s Beeswax for a messy hair look, which is what it’s great for. I add 2 medium scoops of Murray’s Beeswax to my dry hair on day 1 to get my hair set to the style that I’m wearing that day. On day 2 and 3, I’ll add just a little bit more. I don’t normally need to add much more of the Murray’s Beeswax, as very little of the products comes out when sleeping. Like a lot of wax pomades, Murray’s sticks to your hair and doesn’t come out easily.

You don’t need much of the Murray’s Beeswax to style your hair. I would go easy on this product if I were using it the first time. It’s one of those situations where you need to find the right amount of product to use for your hair. If I was looking to remove curls from my hair, I would add Murray’s Beeswax to it after washing it. Adding the pomade to my hair while it’s still went enables me to straighten it. If I want shine, I’ll usually add a small amount of Tres Flores Brilliantine Liquid oil to my hair after I’ve applied the Murray’s Beeswax.

murray's831.jpg

Positives

• Low cost – Murray’s Beeswax sells for only $3 per jar. It’s far less expensive than the top selling wax pomades on the market like Lockhart’s. For example, Lockhart’s Goon Grease pomade sells for $13.90 per 4oz tin. Murray’s Beeswax is more affordable at $3. You’ll get more hold with Goon Grease, but I’m not sure that the extra hold is worth paying another $11 over what Murray’s Beeswax costs. I get pretty much the same results with Murray’s Beeswax. There’s a little bit of a difference between the 2 pomades in terms of hold and shine that you get with Goon Grease, but it’s not significant enough for me to justify paying the extra money

• Large amount of product. Murray’s Beeswax comes in a 4oz tin. A lot of the wax pomades come in 3 to 3.5oz tins.

• Hold – Murray’s Beeswax has nice hold to it.

• It’s a stiff wax that is perfect for styling one’s hair

Negatives

• Difficulty washing out – Murray’s Beeswax is no different than any other wax pomade when it comes to washing it out. It’s not easy to shampoo out even when using Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist conditioner and mineral oil or olive oil to loosen it up. I don’t rate Murray’s Beeswax as difficult to remove as High Life Heavy pomade and Voodoo Brew 2 pomade. Those pomades are difficult to get out of one’s hair. Murray’s Beeswax is a snap to get out of my hair in comparison to those. But for users that aren’t accustomed to dealing with wax pomades, Murray’s Beeswax is going to give them problems when they attempt to wash it out

• Low shine. Murray’s Beeswax lacks the shine that you see with a lot of pomades. I wouldn’t call it a matte shine. It’s more of a low shine pomade. Like I mentioned, you can get decent shine if you add a lot of the product. If that’s what you’re after, I would suggest adding a topper rather than wasting the Murray’s Beeswax

---

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Fragrance (Parfum) Linalool, Isoeugenol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Limonene, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Amyl Cinnamal.

Top Bottom