What's new

Murphy & McNeil

I have one restrictor that's a little damaged. Where did you get a replacement?

These worked perfectly - heavy duty and the perfect size. Unfortunately, I couldn't find separate fllow restrictors (technically "orifice reducer") so the bottles come with, but pretty cheap, and you get 10:

Last edited:
I don't know why M&M soaps are great for me. The scents are phenomenal. Have I encountered some scents I don't like? Sure (one). But the soap base itself is ... impeccable in the dictionary sense. I cannot find any fault in it. It is my default soap for evaluating everything else.

Their AS (have only tried the alcohol splash) is great as well, and actually more protective than most alcohol splashes I've used.
So true. Very good 'skin food' in an aftershave. Get the menthol version if you are a fan like me (even order extra powdered menthol to add if you are a real fan/junkie like me).

anybody try the gael luc yet?

I would likely have ordered the Gael luc except that they only sell it with the aftershave as a package which is different from the way they sell their other soaps. The problem is it brings the total cost to a level that is outside my budget. I hope that Murphy and McNeil will change their approach for this kodiak base soap and Sell th soap separately.

I would likely have ordered the Gael luc except that they only sell it with the aftershave as a package which is different from the way they sell their other soaps. The problem is it brings the total cost to a level that is outside my budget. I hope that Murphy and McNeil will change their approach for this kodiak base soap and Sell th soap separately.

They do sell an Aon-based soap separately. Haven't tried the Kodiak base, but the half-dozen or so Aon-based soaps I've used have been outstanding, and better than just about any other soap I've tried. I can't imagine a chubby bear would make that much difference in my shave. :001_smile

They do sell an Aon-based soap separately. Haven't tried the Kodiak base, but the half-dozen or so Aon-based soaps I've used have been outstanding, and better than just about any other soap I've tried. I can't imagine a chubby bear would make that much difference in my shave. :001_smile

Yes they do but since they consider the kodiak to be their most premium I wanted to try out their best to see if t is worth it to me the considerable expense to get it regularly trom them.

It appears they have an " Old Sport" shaving soap in the Kodiak base that you can buy separately in a 4oz jar or a 0.5oz sample pouch. IMO, the Kodiak Base is so good, I always try to have a "back up" tub on hand. Good Luck!

I have and use most of T+S's offerings, and they are great soaps & AS. I like their fragrances, and the performance of soap and AS is among the best of artisans I've tried - definitely one of my favorites. Just discovered M&M, and have used Bád Mór, Magh Tured and Cliffs of Moher, and all have performed exceptionally - probably slightly slicker and softer post-shave than T+S, but close. Their AS (have only tried the alcohol splash) is great as well, and actually more protective than most alcohol splashes I've used. And their fragrances are exceptional as well, particularly impressed with their take on bay rum (Bád Mór). The one criticism I have is with some of their labeling - on their Irish-themed products the ink on their labels is alcohol-soluble (doh!), and quickly dissolved the very nice graphics on my AS bottles. Bill is aware, and they are investing in more durable labels - he's actually sending me some labels to replace. The flow restrictors on the AS bottles are also fairly flimsy, but easily replaced as well. Overall, a company that is trying very hard with some outstanding products, and I'm looking forward to trying more.
I ran into the same thing last year with smeared ink on the labels. I was sent new labels. The old ones peeled off easily and it was a simple fix. Obviously though there is still a minor issue.
i do have to say the service was exceptional as was the speed that the replacement labels were dispatched.

It appears they have an " Old Sport" shaving soap in the Kodiak base that you can buy separately in a 4oz jar or a 0.5oz sample pouch. IMO, the Kodiak Base is so good, I always try to have a "back up" tub on hand. Good Luck!

Given that it has tobacco as a key component of its profile it did not sound like the kind of scent I would have found acceptable. They should have just sold Gael Luc/kodiak base in the standard 4 oz size without forcing buyers to buy only 3 oz along with an aftershave they may not have wanted.

just ordered Nantahala in AON
I hope you will love it. Aon is fantastic, and the scent is too. Just to put this in perspective, I have Aon and Kodiak soaps of the same scents. When I purchase an M&M soap in the future, I'll go Aon (well, unless the Kodiak-base version has a super-cool graphic or something—I'm a sucker).

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
‘Old Sport’ (Kodiak base) arrived today. Absolutely nailed the scent — I immediately thought of my Uncle Dennis, who, when I was young, smoked a pipe filled with the most sublime vanilla-scented tobacco. This soap transports me back to my youth. Well done, M&M!
6C8E00F2-5C67-4836-952A-B7A9B2BE9BD1.jpeg
B79EEA31-B9C9-451D-98BB-F99C688DDC73.jpeg

I might be in the minority, but I really can't tell any difference between the Aon and Kodiak bases. They are both excellent.

Thanks for the input. In fact had I ordered a kodiak base soap I would have almost certainly have tried out a Aon base soaps at the same time as well but I was put off by the need to buy a gael luc aftershave as well.

One of the best post shaves out there!! Have a few of their first base....not to happy how they age. The new base is stellar.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom