What's new

Murphy & McNeil

I used GD for a week, as has been suggested. Stellar. But this morning I fired up the M&M Gael Laoch, and I’ve concluded that for me, M&M is superior in performance, post-shave and value.

+1. Love my Gael Laoch, and I just ordered one of the new Fall soaps that dropped today.

Last edited:
I'd love some thoughts on choosing an M & M scent. This will be my first purchase of M&M. I'm a big fan of DG's products and use a DG soap / aftershave on almost a daily basis. With fall approaching, it seems to be an ideal time to try something new. (Not that any of us need much of an excuse to purchase a new soap).

Last fall I often shaved with DG's Darkfall. It was a scent that I liked, and my wife liked it as well (always important). Given that, is there a Murphy & McNeil scent that is similar in spirit that I should try? If not, what would be top recommendations for an ideal starter/fall scent from M&M?

Sean

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I'd love some thoughts on choosing an M & M scent. This will be my first purchase of M&M. I'm a big fan of DG's products and use a DG soap / aftershave on almost a daily basis. With fall approaching, it seems to be an ideal time to try something new. (Not that any of us need much of an excuse to purchase a new soap).

Last fall I often shaved with DG's Darkfall. It was a scent that I liked, and my wife liked it as well (always important). Given that, is there a Murphy & McNeil scent that is similar in spirit that I should try? If not, what would be top recommendations for an ideal starter/fall scent from M&M?

Sean
Candidly, I would email Bill at M&M and ask him for his recommendation for a good scent given your preference. The Fall scents are now available. One of those might be a real winner for you.

Last edited:

Sean

M&M just released some new scents... some sound darker than their first offerings. I'm very curious about the new Tobacco scent.

But also see my post #271 in this thread. I gave some thoughts on the M&M tubs I've purchased

Yes, you should really try M&M...

All of the scents are pretty approachable with the exception of Ouroboros (in my opinion)

Here's the tubs I've purchased with my quick thoughts on each:

- Green Man (complex, earthy/green fougere)... hard to beat this one!
- Claddagh (very light, clean scent)
- Garda Siochana (modern cologne scent)
- Slainte St. James (oatmeal cookie, orange, vanilla... and stout beer!)
- Gael Laoch (aquatic, woody)

Green Man is one of the best artisan scents I have smelled. It’s up there with valobra and mdc, who are much bigger companies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Different horses for different courses, but I could not stand Green Man. But then again, I generally dislike Fougeres with really only one or maybe two exceptions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Please forgive this self-centered post. I just wanted to say as the delighted owner of seven M&M soaps, but one who has committed to the September GRUME ... YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME. :yikes:

Keep up the good work. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I just ordered up samples of the new M&M scents. It has become my go to as well. I gave up the September GRUME specifically so I could buy from the new release, lol. I’ll be back for October.

Green Man is one of the best artisan scents I have smelled. It’s up there with valobra and mdc, who are much bigger companies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
+1 on Green Man. I enjoy Fougere and this is a very pleasant one. I do wish the scent was a little stronger, but the scent stays nicely through my shaving experience and there are a host of of aftershaves and colognes to follow up the shave with. I grabbed up an extra Green Man when M&M was clearing out the old soft formula on sale and I'm really glad I did. I actually really like the old soft formula a lot. The new harder formula is outstanding as well of course.

After using both the older, soft formula and now the newer hard formula, I gotta say I kinda like the softer one a bit more. It lathers up so incredibly quick and easily. Actual shave performance and post shave is the same.

Magh Tured looks like it may be my first M&M purchase. Initially it was Ouroborous, but even though I like the smell of incense, I didn't think it was a safe blind buy.

• Spicy and Woody, this fragrance will bring a bit of the Battle of Magh Tured to your day.
  • Scent Strength: Medium
  • Top - Rosewood and Pepper
  • Middle - Sandalwood
  • Base - Patchouli, Vetiver
  • Some may recognize this fragrance as an homage to "Oud Wood" by Tom Ford. (No affiliation.)

Top Bottom