What's new

Murphy & McNeil

For me, Nantahala will have to be my Christmas soap. I have it on order and it should arrive next week. However, my wife's usual practice is to intercept any and all packages after m-November and holding them until Christmas. Thus, I will have to be patient before experiencing Nantahala's goodness.

Rhody. IME, if you have gooey consistency lather, that means you have loaded so much soap that you can't get enough water worked in to get to a great lather.

Try this...make your brush super wet and just slightly shake out the brush so that it is wet, but not quite dripping wet. Then begin to load directly off the puck using very light pressure and making swirls.

The trick is to make sure you see some soap foam when you make the swirls.

This technique has worked beautifully for me with MM Soaps (I own 2 of the soft bases).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So the Marco method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up 4 samples in the new Aon base and must agree that Murphy and McNeil makes a fine soap. I am less enamored with the scents but that is the purpose of samples. So far with the three I have tried it is Cliffs of Moher as a clear winner over Tobac Fanaile and Ogham Stone.

And now I have Natanhala on the way. Thanks again to my friend @Upland who keeps me in the loop. Based on his reaction this must be good stuff:
Got a second tub and the aftershave. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!! Thanks to M&M !

Great stuff :ouch1:

This scares me because it cuts so close to home.

So true. With the release of several new elite artisan soaps in the last few weeks, my SAD has kicked in again. By the time my orders arrive, I will be up to 160 soaps in my den. These represent over 50 different soap formulations. However, the latest soap formulations have gotten to be so good, I may be at the point my SAD is satiated.

I have run out of storage space, even after assembling a new storage cabinet for soaps about 6 months ago. Thus, I am about at the point of binning some of the lower performing soaps: Williams, Arko, Van der Hagen, Alba Botanica, Cremo, etc.

So true. With the release of several new elite artisan soaps in the last few weeks, my SAD has kicked in again. By the time my orders arrive, I will be up to 160 soaps in my den. These represent over 50 different soap formulations. However, the latest soap formulations have gotten to be so good, I may be at the point my SAD is satiated.

I have run out of storage space, even after assembling a new storage cabinet for soaps about 6 months ago. Thus, I am about at the point of binning some of the lower performing soaps: Williams, Arko, Van der Hagen, Alba Botanica, Cremo, etc.

I added 1000 sqft to my house just to find a place to store my soaps. 😂😂😂😂😂

I added 1000 sqft to my house just to find a place to store my soaps. 😂😂😂😂😂

Please send me a copy of the plans! :clap:

Unfortunately, my wife and I are at the age where we will soon need to move into our final retirement home. The home we are now in is way too big for us and becoming too difficult to maintain. Thus, we will need to downsize when we move. I just need to make sure I still have room for shaving supplies.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Just ordered my Kodiak Natahala because I only have about 40 other soaps,
What's one more?
ha ha
i just did the same thing because i have the as and other m&m soaps dont work so great for me i wonder if this base is the answer we shall see

Kodiak Natahala is the best performing I've ever used. The regular M&M base is amazing, but Natahala is even slicker and produces a more yogurty lather.

big fan

ha ha
i just did the same thing because i have the as and other m&m soaps dont work so great for me i wonder if this base is the answer we shall see

What is is about the other M&M soaps that do not work for you?

Which other soaps from other suppliers do you like best?

If I know what you like and do not like, I might be able to suggest some alternatives you might like.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
What is is about the other M&M soaps that do not work for you?

Which other soaps from other suppliers do you like best?

If I know what you like and do not like, I might be able to suggest some alternatives you might like.
Ive had my issues with m&m but rather than be critical ill see how this new base works for me.
So far i have tried a large percentage of artisans and manufacturers. My gold standard far and away is tallow + steel followed by grooming dept.

Ive had my issues with m&m but rather than be critical ill see how this new base works for me.
So far i have tried a large percentage of artisans and manufacturers. My gold standard far and away is tallow + steel followed by grooming dept.

My Nantahala is supposed to arrive today, but my wife will squirrel it away for Christmas morning.

The Kodiak base appears to be a slight upgrade from the Aon formula by the addition of Bear Tallow. Otherwise, the bases are similar. I hope you like Nantahala, but I would not count on it being a lot different if you do not like Aon.

When you say you like Grooming Department, which of the numerous soap bases do you like. I find all of them to be good, but I like some better than others. I hope to order the new Nai base Aion soap when the next batch releases on Wednesday.

I have never used Tallow and Steel, but in an effort to fill in some gaps in my soap collection, I ordered T&S West Indies. I have read great things about performance, so that should not be an issue. I have read mixed reviews on scents, so I hope I like the scent.

Have an order of triskele in aon inbound today and I have have a 5 day beard waiting for it. Really curious how the scent compares to Seville, I already known aon flat out performs at or above the excelsior base so really looking to see if the scent is in the same ballpark. BM Seville is probably my favorite scent along with Stirling baker st.

Top Bottom