What's new

Murphy & McNeil

I finally decided to pull the trigger on some M&M soaps. I saw that he had a couple special releases available that sounded interesting. I can honestly say, the hype is real. His soap base meets, if not slightly exceeds the other 'elite' class soaps that I own (WK, A&E, B&M etc.) As a head shaver, I value slickness very highly, and this base (I believe both soaps I got are AON based) are insanely slick, dense and cushioned. Post shave is also completely top tier. The best praise that I can give, is that even though I have way to many soaps, I will be ordering more Murphy and McNeil.

I finally decided to pull the trigger on some M&M soaps. I saw that he had a couple special releases available that sounded interesting. I can honestly say, the hype is real. His soap base meets, if not slightly exceeds the other 'elite' class soaps that I own (WK, A&E, B&M etc.) As a head shaver, I value slickness very highly, and this base (I believe both soaps I got are AON based) are insanely slick, dense and cushioned. Post shave is also completely top tier. The best praise that I can give, is that even though I have way to many soaps, I will be ordering more Murphy and McNeil.

The St James soap with the Slainte base is freaking amazing, smells great, lathers easily, slick, and great post shave feeling.. So far its in my top 3 favorite soaps. Im excited for the kodiak release .. hoping to get in on it !

Well...it was worth checking on...Almond oil is one of the most common irritants/allergens.

I've been working with him on my issues, and i can easily say, Top Tier customer service.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Tallow is simply fat. Why is bear fat better than beef fat better than duck fat, better than whale fat, better than...

It's a novelty I think.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I value slickness very highly, and this base (I believe both soaps I got are AON based) are insanely slick, dense and cushioned.
I do too, but I wish my experience was similar to yours. I'll give it a few more tries. Love the smell, but slickness is leaving something to be desired for me.

FWIW I added what I thought was going to be way too much water to my lather. Have you messed with the ratio? I found this to be one of the thirstiest soaps that I have used. I just kept adding water, and it kept taking it!

Murphy’s is by far the thirstiest soap I own (B+M reserve close but different beast). If you load too much, it can take a while to get it dialed in. Granted, when it’s dialed in it’s a great soap. I’d still put it behind A+E and B+ M in terms of performance and post shave. This is when all the soaps are dialed in as intended.. just my opinion of course!

Murphy’s is by far the thirstiest soap I own (B+M reserve close but different beast). If you load too much, it can take a while to get it dialed in. Granted, when it’s dialed in it’s a great soap. I’d still put it behind A+E and B+ M in terms of performance and post shave. This is when all the soaps are dialed in as intended.. just my opinion of course!

I think it has to do with their older tallow base being so soft, which makes it very easy to overload if you’re loading your brush directly from the tub.

An overloaded brush can require a lot of water and a lot of work (not to mention patience) to get the lather properly dialed in.

Anyone else order the Nantahala soap that dropped today? My daughter used to go to camp in Black Mountain, NC and we’ve spent lots of time in the mountains of western NC and the Nantahala Forrest. Love that area of the country....really looking forward to using this one.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Anyone else order the Nantahala soap that dropped today? My daughter used to go to camp in Black Mountain, NC and we’ve spent lots of time in the mountains of western NC and the Nantahala Forrest. Love that area of the country....really looking forward to using this one.
Of course!

Yeah I ordered one from Maggards but Brad notified me they had computer issues and the product was oversold!
Plan B was I managed to get one from Top of The Chain
I hope it’s as great as Ruds claims.

Top Bottom