What's new

Murphy & McNeil

I now own the following M&M soaps:

- Green Man (complex, earthy/green fougere)
- Claddagh (light, clean scent)
- Garda Siochana (modern cologne scent)
- Slainte St. James (oatmeal cookie, orange, vanilla... and stout beer!)
- Gael Laoch (aquatic, woody)

I've also tried samples of Kells, Trinity, Cran Beth, Crann Bethadh, Ourobouros.
Ourobouros was the only scent I just couldn't love.

Both of the bases are great. The original base is very soft, but I really enjoy how quickly/easily its lathers up. The new Ion base is much firmer (like most modern artisan soaps). It also lathers up great but take a while longer. I don't notice a difference in performance or post shave feel.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Really fighting the "need" to buy another M&M! Can't put a dent in the two I have!

Well. Maybe I did! The soap IS pretty soft ...

AA
I know. I keep looking on their robust website — looking forward to buying Cliffs of Moher when it goes up. But I, too, have two soaps of theirs and it looks like it’s going to last a very long time. Then there’s my Grooming Dept soap — I have 6 or 7 shaves on one of my pucks and I can already see the bottom of the container (center donut hole). I was stunned at how quickly that soap gets used up. Very disappointed.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I know. I keep looking on their robust website — looking forward to buying Cliffs of Moher when it goes up. But I, too, have two soaps of theirs and it looks like it’s going to last a very long time. Then there’s my Grooming Dept soap — I have 6 or 7 shaves on one of my pucks and I can already see the bottom of the container (center donut hole). I was stunned at how quickly that soap gets used up. Very disappointed.

Seriously, Dan, out of the 40-50+ soaps I have, only Tabac has a decent dished-out dent! I did finish a puck of Williams once (2016 Willy Challenge) but it took like three months. I just don't use much, and have many x many!

Many triple milled, such as PdP63, still look brand-new and I've been using for years! (have NO Grooming Dept).

Seasonals are my worst temptation; got Hallows, Darkfall, Vespers, etc. last year. And Fougere Gothique is very very tempting ... as well as these new M&Ms!

AA

Hannah's Dad

Seriously, Dan, out of the 40-50+ soaps I have, only Tabac has a decent dished-out dent! I did finish a puck of Williams once (2016 Willy Challenge) but it took like three months. I just don't use much, and have many x many!

Many triple milled, such as PdP63, still look brand-new and I've been using for years! (have NO Grooming Dept).

Seasonals are my worst temptation; got Hallows, Darkfall, Vespers, etc. last year. And Fougere Gothique is very very tempting ... as well as these new M&Ms!

AA
Truth.

Hannah's Dad

Here’s the Grooming Department soap after only 6 or 7 shaves — 8 tops.

Attachments

• DBBF77A3-74F0-466A-AB42-9753BA52ACF2.jpeg
    DBBF77A3-74F0-466A-AB42-9753BA52ACF2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • D5CC7AB9-C2A4-4ECB-AEBF-4A38BC0CC3CD.jpeg
    D5CC7AB9-C2A4-4ECB-AEBF-4A38BC0CC3CD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 26

Hannah's Dad

And here’s the M&M Claddagh after just as many shaves ... barely even dented.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
I now own the following M&M soaps:

- Green Man (complex, earthy/green fougere)
- Claddagh (light, clean scent)
- Garda Siochana (modern cologne scent)
- Slainte St. James (oatmeal cookie, orange, vanilla... and stout beer!)
- Gael Laoch (aquatic, woody)

I've also tried samples of Kells, Trinity, Cran Beth, Crann Bethadh, Ourobouros.
Ourobouros was the only scent I just couldn't love.

Both of the bases are great. The original base is very soft, but I really enjoy how quickly/easily its lathers up. The new Ion base is much firmer (like most modern artisan soaps). It also lathers up great but take a while longer. I don't notice a difference in performance or post shave feel.

Scents are such a personal thing. While I enjoy the scents of the 4 different M&M soaps I have, I really enjoy Ouroboros. I guess I just really like strong scents. The others are quite nice but are cologne-like mild to moderate scent strength. All perform very nicely indeed with excellent post shave smoothness and comfort.

Here’s the Grooming Department soap after only 6 or 7 shaves — 8 tops.
That was the exact experience I had with the GD soaps I owned a ways back. Never bought another tub, although not purely for reasons of lacking longevity. It did play a part though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve been really enjoying my tub of Gael Laoch (mentholated), as well as the couple of samples I ordered, particularly Trinity and Mandate of Heaven. For a second tub, I’m trying to decide between Trinity, which I like a lot, and Claddagh, which I haven’t yet tried but have read great things about.

Does anyone who has tried both Trinity and Claddagh have a preference/comparison they can share?

I’ve been really enjoying my tub of Gael Laoch (mentholated), as well as the couple of samples I ordered, particularly Trinity and Mandate of Heaven. For a second tub, I’m trying to decide between Trinity, which I like a lot, and Claddagh, which I haven’t yet tried but have read great things about.

Does anyone who has tried both Trinity and Claddagh have a preference/comparison they can share?

I have a tub of Claddagh and a sample of Trinity.

The scents are very different. Trinity is a Creed Aventus inspired scent. Its fairly strong.

Claddagh is a much more mellow/softer scent. Its quite pleasing

Top Bottom