What's new

Murphy McNeil Naid

Murphy McNeil is off my list of future soaps. My first buy was a petri dish of microbal growth. Heard the excuses & got some samples of different scents. Unlike other soapmakers, they jack you for a pi$$y little stingy piece of soap. It seems that more effort goes into the cool-looking labels than into soap or a quality product. More money goes into postage. It's been a while & maybe things have changed, but it sounds like not.

I am not going to questions your experience, but I have seven soaps from M&M and none have had a spoilage issue. I have had some of the soaps for a year now.

I have no idea where you get the idea of "stingy piece of soap". The M&M tubs contain 5.5 oz whereas most artisan soaps contain only 4.0 oz. If you overload the soap onto your brush, something that is easy to do with the early formulation, I can see how your soap may have disappeared quickly. The newer Aon formula loads normally.

Also, when purchasing most soaps, you have to pay postage on top of the cost of the product. M&M ships their products to the USA with postage paid with no minimum purchase. Paying $20 for a quality soap including postage is not bad at all. I have paid more than that for several soaps that were not as good as M&M Aon without postage included. Of course, if you live outside the USA, postage does get costly.

I am not going to questions your experience, but I have seven soaps from M&M and none have had a spoilage issue. I have had some of the soaps for a year now.

I have no idea where you get the idea of "stingy piece of soap". The M&M tubs contain 5.5 oz whereas most artisan soaps contain only 4.0 oz. If you overload the soap onto your brush, something that is easy to do with the early formulation, I can see how your soap may have disappeared quickly. The newer Aon formula loads normally.

Also, when purchasing most soaps, you have to pay postage on top of the cost of the product. M&M ships their products to the USA with postage paid with no minimum purchase. Paying $20 for a quality soap including postage is not bad at all. I have paid more than that for several soaps that were not as good as M&M Aon without postage included. Of course, if you live outside the USA, postage does get costly.
Wonder if it was a sample be got that was "stingy"? The reason I think this direction, I tossed in a sample of orubros (sp?) to a previous order at Maggard's. I got the old formula, and the container was about half full. Mind you, this is Maggard's packing these samples ... Not M&M.

In the end it was only a few bucks, I still got to sample the scent (which is what I was after)... So no big deal. Wonder if this is what happened to him?

Just a thought.

Top Bottom