What's new

Murkur Slant bar ?

Quick question?

On a slant bar does the headcap need to be oriented in a particular way or will either way do? I only see a small mark on the underside of the cap.

Thanks

Well I did not cut anything important off with this Messerschmidt of a razor today ,actually it was a pretty good experience, man those whiskers were popping off -I loaded her up with a fresh feather and whipped up a mountain of HBS Oceania scented soap- and shaved my face.

A few observations in no particular order

I got a great shave today with this razor-but the results are not better than my fat boy.
I am a reductionist I make lots of light passes- after 3 passes with the slant I felt it-could be me -could be the razor we will see.
I could feel the blade and I know it could bite if I don't pay attention.
Its very sensitive to excessive pressure, pull that skin tight or else!
I will continue to use this razor, I just dont know if this much blade exposure is necessary. I shave with a NEW model all the time and the slant feels more aggressive than that.
Again this is my first shave with it so all this might change tommorow:biggrin:
Thanks PJ

:biggrin: Yea Jim, that thing is very aggressive! I'm surprise I tried that thing a second time! All I remember is loading that thing with a feather and having a death grip, holding on for dear life. Got a great shave though. Use NO PRESSURE at all! I'm glad you like it! :lol:

There are other blades...I would try em all before writing it off...Feather may work great for you in one razor but the (Derby*) may work better for you in another.

*Substitute Israelli Personna, Merkur, Swede etc...

Goosemeplease said:
Well I did not cut anything important off with this Messerschmidt of a razor today ,actually it was a pretty good experience, man those whiskers were popping off -I loaded her up with a fresh feather and whipped up a mountain of HBS Oceania scented soap- and shaved my face.

A few observations in no particular order

I got a great shave today with this razor-but the results are not better than my fat boy.
I am a reductionist I make lots of light passes- after 3 passes with the slant I felt it-could be me -could be the razor we will see.
I could feel the blade and I know it could bite if I don't pay attention.
Its very sensitive to excessive pressure, pull that skin tight or else!
I will continue to use this razor, I just dont know if this much blade exposure is necessary. I shave with a NEW model all the time and the slant feels more aggressive than that.
Again this is my first shave with it so all this might change tommorow:biggrin:
Thanks PJ

I met with slant today and had my first shave with her. Now, I am wondering how any other DE ( in your case fatboy ) can give better shave.
I want to see if your opinion will be the same after using different creams/soaps.

boboakalfb said:
There are other blades...I would try em all before writing it off...Feather may work great for you in one razor but the (Derby*) may work better for you in another.

*Substitute Israelli Personna, Merkur, Swede etc...

Double Ditto! :wink2:

Top Bottom