What's new

Multiple blade DE razor...

Has anyone thought about or tried using 2 blades in their DE razor to see the effect? This just popped up in my head as I'm sitting here obsessing about my razor, just curious...

Sure. Results will vary wildly. Voskhod sells a razor that uses two blades separated by a shim (one must be cut in half). In the Shake Sharp v1 the curvature is such that the second blade acts as a stabilizing shim to great benefit. In other razors you'll get sliced like a salami :) .

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG

There you go!

I have ordered the Russian twin blade razor and will, hopefully in a near future, receive it. From reports, it is a great shaver with only one blade, which is the reason I ordered it. I do not see much need for dual blades in a DE.

This razor can be considered to be some kind of "adjustable" as you can load it with a single blade in 3 different ways: with the shim at the cap, with the shim at the base and with no shim at all.

I've got the travel version of the Russian twin blade razor
I prefer to use it with only one blade in it, partly because it's very fiddly snapping a blade and getting everything aligned, but mainly because using 2 blades doesn't make the blades last longer, so it's an expensive way of using DE blades
Besides, I didn't think there was much difference in the shave quality
20170203_133740.jpg
20170203_133740.jpg

On the flipside - it's a good way to use up blades that you don't like

Hi,

The upper blade wont do anything. The razor curves the blades. The upper one will have the edges slightly back behind the lower blade edges. The dual razor takes care of that with the two plates. The Schck blades take care of that by being slightly different sizes.

Stan

Reliable folks like Aimsport and MJclark have reported in the past that it shaves well (mild but efficient) in the "regular" 2 blade mode. I received one the other day, but like Adam, after a little fiddling decided to just go ahead and try it with one blade. (That was primarily what I ordered it for.) With one blade and no spacer, I found it very aggressive, and very efficient. And it's even LOUDER that way than my Spitfire R41.

Adam, did you use the spacer when you shaved with one blade?

Reliable folks like Aimsport and MJclark have reported in the past that it shaves well (mild but efficient) in the "regular" 2 blade mode. I received one the other day, but like Adam, after a little fiddling decided to just go ahead and try it with one blade. (That was primarily what I ordered it for.) With one blade and no spacer, I found it very aggressive, and very efficient. And it's even LOUDER that way than my Spitfire R41.

Adam, did you use the spacer when you shaved with one blade?
How aggressive is it compared to the Spitfire, a head I don't like much, because it's aggressive but not really very efficient?

Top Bottom