What's new

Mulhe r41 help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Anybody have a 34c they are willing to test to see if they can mangle it that badly?

You only need a tea towel and 2 joint pliers. Wrap the razor in the tea towel and see if you can bend the head with joint pliers while trying to unscrew it.
Mulhe r41 help needed

I’d really like to see if this is even possible to do with a tea towel and 2 joint pliers. All with just 2 hands and trying to unscrew the head.

Keep in mind you have to bend it, mangle it very badly, make it a wave or bowl shape. And then bend it back perfectly straight. Considering that last photo the razor isn’t bent any more. So I guess he bent it back.

Any fan of the show "The Office" will understand what we are looking at with the most recently posted images from the front-facing camera. Clearly, Jim (or Tim if you are a fan of the original UK series) has encased his Merkur 34C in lemon Jello. All you need to do to is eat your way to the center to free it and the razor will be as good as new!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Any fan of the show "The Office" will understand what we are looking at with the most recently posted images from the front-facing camera. Clearly, Jim (or Tim if you are a fan of the original UK series) has encased his Merkur 34C in lemon Jello. All you need to do to is eat your way to the center to free it and the razor will be as good as new!
It all makes sense now!! This thread is one big prank on the B&B.

What a riot!

Now as to taking a hammer to that razor? Sure.....why not?
9DB21DB9-F06C-4BB5-BACC-5FAB0C9CEB7E.jpeg

99F64CFC-BC9E-412E-A545-8E364C036097.jpeg
No..not lemon Jello. The OP is Mick Jagger in disguise and he is sending out subtle hints for the purpose of discovering his true identity..do I win?
Autographed copy of “Goat’s Head Soup” maybe?

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I can see it now....”I tried the hammer and pliers combo and somehow I managed to melt my razor. Do y’all think I can find a mold online somewhere (or if anyone here has one) and re-cast my razor?”

That might be complicated. How would one strip Chrome from Zamak? lol

Okay, two tools! lol

s_torch2.jpg

SaddleSC gave me a great idea in one of his post where he was taking the mickey...what about a hammer to straighten it back ? Going gently, the harm is done anyway. Then filing the rough bits. Whatchathink ?

Envoyé de mon SM-J510FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Sounds risky! :07:

keep us posted with pics pls :001_tongu

Actually using a blowlamp was not such a good idea, head is all dark and burned looking now. Hammering gently was taking ages for no much result after a couple of hours work so I went on a heavier scale and only managed to break off the comb on one side (didn't bother with the other side) and decided to tear off what was left of the comb. Would this be comparable to an open comb razor head ?
Blade is not straight though so I'm thinking of wedging a folded blade or a match between the top plate and the blade.

Actually using a blowlamp was not such a good idea, head is all dark and burned looking now. Hammering gently was taking ages for no much result after a couple of hours work so I went on a heavier scale and only managed to break off the comb on one side (didn't bother with the other side) and decided to tear off what was left of the comb. Would this be comparable to an open comb razor head ?
Blade is not straight though so I'm thinking of wedging a folded blade or a match between the top plate and the blade.
What did I just read?

I guess we're all pretty sure you're not serious at this point, but just so that other kids don't get the wrong idea, let me just say... I understand not wanting to be wasteful, but just looking at it from a cost perspective, using a disfigured razor will likely lead to a lifelong scar on your face, and in a worst case scenario, a bad infection that can cost a lot more in medical bills than if you just scrap the current razor (think of the expense as the cost of learning), and purchase either the same razor, or if you want to save a bit, there have been some great suggestions such as a Weishi or Ming Shi (aka, Qshave). These are great low cost, yet perfectly good razors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom