What's new

Muhle

Does anyone have experience with a Muhle Rocca or Muhle Hexagon

I'm eyeing getting one as they are so beautiful and modern looking, even the modern looking Muhle brush/razor stand is beautiful, but I am nervous the razors will be too aggressive for me and could turn my face into hamburger meat.

I use a Baili BR179 which is said to be very mild and after trying many blades I like the Astra Stainless quite a lot with it

So any thoughts on the Muhle razors much appreciated

I have the Rocca. It's pretty nice, it is well built and very nice looking. I didn't find it too aggressive, I was surprised. My favorite razors are EJ DE89 and ikon 101.

I may end up selling the rocca on bst.

Does anyone have experience with a Muhle Rocca or Muhle Hexagon

I'm eyeing getting one as they are so beautiful and modern looking, even the modern looking Muhle brush/razor stand is beautiful, but I am nervous the razors will be too aggressive for me and could turn my face into hamburger meat.

I use a Baili BR179 which is said to be very mild and after trying many blades I like the Astra Stainless quite a lot with it

So any thoughts on the Muhle razors much appreciated

Yes. I've the R94 (stainless handle, v4 head). Brill razor. Agression is between the Muhle R89 and R41. Closer and more efficient than the R89; none of the unsheathed, psychotic threat :p of the R41. It's a new head design after the R89&41 and the overall look of the razor is cool, modern and classy.

TBH it has thrown my current, largely chromed razor collection into a new light, suddenly making them look a bit chintzy and blingy (although that's just the surface appearance. the '89 and '41 remain excellent shavers).

The R94's shave is smooth. All you have to do is respect it and take your time.

I've seen none of the QC issues which have plagued the older versions (which used different manufacturing methods) and none of the shaving issues which have been reported in the forums (like blade chatter or too much blade exposure).

I think that Muhle have put people off with how long it's taken to settle on this final (really good) iteration, making this a very underrated razor.

Hope that helps.

best

P

I've the ROCCA, and you won't find it will cut your face up.! I got it after using the EJ , and I was aware it was a wider blade gap so let the weight of it do the work.

I have the R95 with the latest MIM stainless steel head. It is very smooth and efficient, and it is my most aesthetically pleasing razor as well.

is one of the muhle roccas CNC while another is MIM? They have How many are there, 4? I know they have an all silver one, a silver with black handle, a birch handle, and an all black? Am i forgetting any? Are any of these superior in terms of manufacturing method?

is one of the muhle roccas CNC while another is MIM? They have How many are there, 4? I know they have an all silver one, a silver with black handle, a birch handle, and an all black? Am i forgetting any? Are any of these superior in terms of manufacturing method?
All of the latest models have CNC heads, regardless of the handle. The previous version had a MIM head; I have one of those heads and it is not as smooth as the new CNC head. It was still a very good razor, but the new one is excellent.

All of the latest models have CNC heads, regardless of the handle. The previous version had a MIM head; I have one of those heads and it is not as smooth as the new CNC head. It was still a very good razor, but the new one is excellent.

Do the short ends of the blade stick out on the current Muhle Rocca? There's nothing i hate worse than nicking my nose or chin because of a blade that isn't completed covered on the short sides of the razor head, and those. nicks burn real bad and they bleed like crazy. I read that the Rocca has a slight overhang, is it true and if so is it an issue

Do the short ends of the blade stick out on the current Muhle Rocca? There's nothing i hate worse than nicking my nose or chin because of a blade that isn't completed covered on the short sides of the razor head, and those. nicks burn real bad and they bleed like crazy. I read that the Rocca has a slight overhang, is it true and if so is it an issue
The tabs do slightly protrude, but I don't find it to be consequential, visually or functionally. I have attached two photos, one from above where you can't see the tabs at all and one on an angle where you can see them protrude ever so slightly. If completely covered tabs is important to you, you might want to consider the RazoRock Game Changer. It has completely covered tabs and comes in a variety of configurations. If I had to keep only one of the two, however, I would keep my Rocca. Ideally, you will do what most of us around here do and buy both.

Attachments

• top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 48
  • angle view.jpg
    angle view.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 48
The tabs do slightly protrude, but I don't find it to be consequential, visually or functionally. I have attached two photos, one from above where you can't see the tabs at all and one on an angle where you can see them protrude ever so slightly. If completely covered tabs is important to you, you might want to consider the RazoRock Game Changer. It has completely covered tabs and comes in a variety of configurations. If I had to keep only one of the two, however, I would keep my Rocca. Ideally, you will do what most of us around here do and buy both.

Maybe I'm lookingat the photo wrong or I'm confused sonehow but the second photo looks to me like the blade ends well short of the end of the top cap and base plate. Isn't the big risk when a blade sticks out further than the top cap/baseplate?

Maybe I'm lookingat the photo wrong or I'm confused sonehow but the second photo looks to me like the blade ends well short of the end of the top cap and base plate. Isn't the big risk when a blade sticks out further than the top cap/baseplate?
As you can see from the first photo, looking straight down from above you cannot see the blade tabs. Angling it, you can just see them. It's so slight that I can't measure it; it's the thickness of a flimsy postcard. I can't imagine hurting yourself on those tabs (but I also don't generally have problems with exposed blade tabs).

Top Bottom