What's new

Muhle

As you can see from the first photo, looking straight down from above you cannot see the blade tabs. Angling it, you can just see them. It's so slight that I can't measure it; it's the thickness of a flimsy postcard. I can't imagine hurting yourself on those tabs (but I also don't generally have problems with exposed blade tabs).

Oh, I see it now. I thought I was looking at the baseplate since the Rocca baseplate has those machined in-set lines but I see now that is actually the blade tab. Hmm, yes, this is consistent with what I read in some other thread. I don't know if that would be a problem for me or not. I guess I'd have to try to be sure, and even then it could only be a problem once over many many shaves. I just know that I really, really don't like nicking my nose. It stings like crazy and looks like the elevator scene from The Shining in my bathroom.

Also, does the new v4 head fit the handles on the third version? I have the black handled set, so if it does fit I’ll probably swap heads so I can have the handle still match the brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, does the new v4 head fit the handles on the third version? I have the black handled set, so if it does fit I’ll probably swap heads so I can have the handle still match the brush.

All of the Rocca heads have the same standard threading as most modern DE razors - someone else can chime in on what the actual thread size is. My birch handle was originally part of a V3 and is now matched with a V4 head.

What do you guys think is the best looking of the current Roccas? While the Birch is very well done, I think the full silver stainless handle is really a beautiful timeless looking piece of equipment. The Jet black is quite stylish. The silver with black handle is an elegant and masculine choice. I find myself entranced by the honeycomb pattern on these razors, it seems to be the perfect balance of practical and high tech modern while also being simple and straightforward -- so many other (Non Muhle) razors out there have such silly looking handles IMO but these Roccas are just gorgeous

Which ones do you guys like best?

Reactions: Avi
What do you guys think is the best looking of the current Roccas? While the Birch is very well done, I think the full silver stainless handle is really a beautiful timeless looking piece of equipment. The Jet black is quite stylish. The silver with black handle is an elegant and masculine choice. I find myself entranced by the honeycomb pattern on these razors, it seems to be the perfect balance of practical and high tech modern while also being simple and straightforward -- so many other (Non Muhle) razors out there have such silly looking handles IMO but these Roccas are just gorgeous

Which ones do you guys like best?

I’ve got the black and it’s quite stylish. I like the look of the birch but worried about getting wood repeatedly wet over the long haul.

I’ve got the black and it’s quite stylish. I like the look of the birch but worried about getting wood repeatedly wet over the long haul.

I wondered the same. I watched a video where it immediately darkened upon getting wet. From the video it looked slightly spongey or cushiony while also being very grippy. I don't know how that holds up over time with constant exposure to water, not sure what could happen to it.

Can anyone who has used V4 Rocca tell me how it performs around the upper lip/nose area? Is it low profile enough to do a good job under the nose?

I wondered the same. I watched a video where it immediately darkened upon getting wet. From the video it looked slightly spongey or cushiony while also being very grippy. I don't know how that holds up over time with constant exposure to water, not sure what could happen to it.
I've had the birch handled Rocca for a while now, and it still looks like new. Because it is treated in some way, there is no required maintenance. I have wooden handled brushes that I occasionally treat with a beeswax and orange oil treatment, but with the Rocca I do nothing and it looks great. Razor handles don't get immersed, so I see no reason for concern. I just wipe off the razor and put it away when I'm done shaving, just like I do with any razor.

The birch handle is very comfortable and provides an excellent grip. For me it was one of the selling points of the Rocca, but I agree that the new handles are also very attractive.

Does anyone know the blade gap or blade exposure for the Rocca V4? I've read that Rocca aggressiveness is somewhere between R89 and R41, with R89 having blade gap of 0.76mm according to the blade gap chart, on par with a EJ DE89. R41 is known as very aggressive, but seems to have much less blade gap, but more blade exposure and keeps the blade flat

How does the Rocca compare? And assuming a similar blade is used, approximately what adjustment setting do you think Rocca would correspond to on a Gillette adjustable like the Fatboy? Maybe 4? 5?

Can anyone who has used V4 Rocca tell me how it performs around the upper lip/nose area? Is it low profile enough to do a good job under the nose?
Hi, yes, it's excellent below the nose and beats EJ and above the tie. Gets every corner under the nose every time. A very efficient and comfortable shave, just let its weight of the head do it's work.

I was going to start a thread for the Rocca to post my impressions but seeing this I figure it's better to post here instead.
I bought recently the black handle version and yesterday had my first shave with it, using a Polsilver Super Iridium.
First off-the looks. It's an elegant razor, handle seems somewhat thick to me, but grippy and comfortable. The semi-glossy stainless steel and the black honeycombed resin go well together. Good tolerances.
The shave? Well, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to use a Polsilver blade. The razor seems pretty aggressive to me, and I know I'm in disagreement with most other members here. Got a few minor nicks and weepers on my chin and moustache area. Also, one interesting thing I noticed while shaving is the fact that it has a totally different-sounding audio pitch/audio feedback than any other razor I've tried so far. Maybe the sound resonates differently due to the razor being stainless instead of brass or zamak.:letterk1: The way the blade was cutting the strands of hair to me kind of resembles a slant. Almost like a scythe shearing action.
Picture from yesterday's shave :
IMG_20200517_162023.jpg

Top Bottom