What's new

Muhle Travel Box

For a while, I was using the Gillette vintage razors and a number of them would fit comfortably in the Fatboy case (including the Fatboy, itself, of course) for travel. Recently, I've switched and am presently using the EJ 89L, which does not have proper protective case. I traveled recently and would have preferred to have a case instead of just throwing it into my Dopp Kit. It doesn't look as though this is for sale, yet, but I'm interested in it and think it addresses a need. Any one know of any other suitable travel cases for a 89L?

http://www.muehle-shaving.com/shop/accessories/travel/1/box_for_double_edge_razor/6/26/R_99

I have two, one I use for travel and the other stores my R41 at home. I have not even had them for more than 6 months and I have noticed that one was already beginning to rust on the back below the hinge. I polished it with a bit of flitz to remove the rust which appears to be only on the surface at the moment. They are beautiful and functional cases. They can sometimes be found on the bay for around $25 shipped.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I used to have one and I sold it.

The case itself was good but, I didn't like the fact that my razor was hitting the lid when in the box. Muhle glued a mat at the bottom of the case but didn't put one in the lid...

If you don't mind that, then you will be fine!

Speaking of old cases, I am partial to the cases which can with the British Aristocrats. Velvet lined with an integrated blade holder. The pattern on top is very nice as well.

proxy.php

Top Bottom