What's new

Muhle STF V1 vs V2 pics?

Thanks, nav.

BTW, as regards that newborn. Two bits of advice: First word should be Mommy. At three in their morning that will be obvious. And when that beautiful child begins teething, purchase those teeny mini-bagels. One can be slipped over a small child's thumb. Great teething ring, and it won't fall off.

That is the sum total of my baby raising wisdom.

Great, Thank you!!
I was already thinking about how to handle the teething so I'm thankful for the advice!!

Thanks for posting the picture. I know little about these brushes and synthetic knots, in general. I was somehow expecting to see two Muhle brushes, side by side, and cannot help but notice the one on the left is an EJ.
The only conclusion I can draw from the posted picture is that EJ brush has a different knot than Muhle.
From what I have seen so far Muhle brushes are quite a bit more expensive than EJ, but than this is true with their razors as well. Is there anywhere confirmed that the two companies share the same STF knots?

EJ uses muhle fibres.
I had the muhle v1 and it was the exact same as the EJ, as are the muhle and EJ v2.

It's just that I kept the EJ v1 set (M, L, XL) and the muhle v2 in L.

...i've read people complaining about HJM black fiber being floppy and the one time i shaved with mine, wasn't floppy at all. Unless, they have simply increased the density of the fibers in the Rytmo line, giving it more backbone.

Yep. People have such different views of floppy, stiff, backbone, density & etc. I swear there must be people out there using trowels in an effort to get something with enough "backbone". FWIW, I like the V2, and the Black, and the 2BED, and whatever it is that Simpson uses on the Chubby Synth (feels like a V2 set lower but what do I know) though... just checking, the Simpson has a 50mm loft and the Omega Evo has a 55mm loft, so... it checks out.

At any rate, they're all good. If I only had one of them an no resources to ever get another - I'd be happy as a clam. I think (Ben Franklin?) said something about being able to be happy if he had just a cabin, a chair, a bowl, a spoon & time to think. (or something like that)

Was this ever confirmed there was a v1 and v2 of these STF synthetic knots? Ron Vey deals pretty exclusively with Muhle so you would think he’d have the insider knowledge and he mentioned there is only one version.

Was this ever confirmed there was a v1 and v2 of these STF synthetic knots? Ron Vey deals pretty exclusively with Muhle so you would think he’d have the insider knowledge and he mentioned there is only one version.

I can tell you from my own experience, there was a v1, v1.5 and v2.

The v1.5 was softer than v1 but not as soft as v2.

I call it v1.5 but it was called v2 officially. But the post 2018-v2 fibres are super soft at the tips and have better water handling.

Top Bottom