What's new

Muhle Sea Buckthorn

Anyone tried this? Is it any good? Judging by the ingredients and description and the fact that it is by Muhle, it looks and sounds like a nice soap, although palm oil base, not tallow, so I'm guessing it might not be creamy or thick enough for my liking. But the scent sounds nice.

1589600882791.png

1589600919383.png

1589600900076.png

It’s a perfectly adequate soap, but not something “worth writing home about”.
I have ordered Mühle soap sets on two occasions and in none of the cases I finished the pucks.

It was not that the soap was not good, I just had too many soaps that were better and found myself reaching for Mühle soaps so rarely that in each case they ultimately became victim of one of my purges.

B.

I definitely get a nice lather from it.
It's creamy and slick. Doesn't have the butters like the artisans but I don't notice too much difference there even when my skin is dry (even when compared to triple butter soaps!!).

I love the scent on it too!

Soap really is mediocre but the scent is great. I don't have a puck anymore as it stopped lathering when i had 1/5 left of it so trash bin it went. Haven't tried the balm but after shave lotion does have that exact same scent and its good stuff.

I found all of the lather qualities to be just barely adequate, but strangely I did like it. Light and clean.

I always got great shaves with it.

I'm quite confused with the responses as I get a nice, creamy lather from the muhle soap and EJ soap (which are the same formula as muhle).

It's cheap enough to try so I'd suggest the OP to give it a go.

I'm quite confused with the responses as I get a nice, creamy lather from the muhle soap and EJ soap (which are the same formula as muhle).

It's cheap enough to try so I'd suggest the OP to give it a go.

Agree! It’s one of the unique great scents in shaving. Worth trying for sure.

Reactions: nav
I'm going through a phase of preferring very watery lather and I must say I quite like using Muhle Buckthorn shaving soap, especially in the summer, followed by a splash of Cella Classica -I'm left feeling very 'clean'

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
For me, this works well. The lather isn’t fantastic but it’s not poor either.

now, what does it mean? The lather is not not thin, it’s what you should expect with a shaving soap. I have medium-hard water.

I have soaps that can produce a better lather. This one is not one of them. Is it worth trying? I would say yes.

I have been using this soap for a month now and I actually like it. I have put the puck in a shaving mug and I get a beautiful lather every time. The scent is very refreshing. However there is very little residual slickness. This is not a problem for me as there is plenty of slickness and protection during each pass. It is very good value and as someone else stated, for the price, it is definitely worth trying.

Top Bottom