What's new

Muhle Rocca

With all the talk about the MJ-90 redesign of the EJ-89, I was wondering if anyone heard the lasts with the Muhle Rocca? I know it took a long time but finally some got released and then production stopped. Any update as to when it will be available again? I like the redesigned head and especially the part about being stainless steel.

Good question. I see they don't even have it on their USA website now. I was interested a few months ago but decided to go with the Rockwell 6S since I could get it and it was adjustable too. The Rocca looked gorgeous though.

You could try emailing German American Beauty and see what they say. They are one of the major importers of Muhle gear in the US, so if anyone would know, they would.
Its a shame, the Roccas are cool and I was going to pick one up. I love the gunmetal finish.

I emailed them about a month ago with no response. When I get no response I get irritated and don't want one now (even though I still kind of do). Too many good vendors to screw around with one that doesn't provide feedback

I am getting close to a week when I sent them an email and did not get a response (I think Tuesday). When I didn't hear from them after a couple of days, that's when I posted here. Oh well, not that I need a new razor.

I thought that I read somewhere that they were having issues with the geometry of the heads. Oh well, the hexagon razors look cool. I could see a forest green one and one of their birch bark brushes fitting nicely in my shave den. :thumbup1:

I looked some shaving videos in YouTube with Rocca. It seemed something like R89 regarding aggressiviness as the guy who shaved with it could move the razor quite fast and do lot of fast buffing with it. That's something you really cannot do with R41 but with R89 no problem.

I looked some shaving videos in YouTube with Rocca. It seemed something like R89 regarding aggressiviness as the guy who shaved with it could move the razor quite fast and do lot of fast buffing with it. That's something you really cannot do with R41 but with R89 no problem.
I dont think the Rocca is nearly as aggressive as a 41 but the geometry of it looked to be a little bit more aggressive than an 89. In any event, it seems as if they arent available anymore and it looks like the Hexagon ones have the same head as an 89.

Supposedly it's somewhere in between the R89 and R41. That would be pretty much a sweet spot.

Supposedly it's somewhere in between the R89 and R41. That would be pretty much a sweet spot.

Yes it sounds interesting. But still a bit hard to imagine what the "in between" razor in pratice feels and shaves like :). R89 and R41 are so different razors. The idea sounds good though.

If its not right in the middle of 89-41, then I hope it tips towards the 89 side, which would make it a "must have" for me. An 89 with a little more aggressiveness, but same smoothness, all stainless and Muhle build quality, could be a dreamrazor for me. Will be interesting to know more :)

I have one that I picked in Milan couple a months ago. Exellent razor. Have no finishing issues. More aggressive than 89 but very smooth and efficient like 41. Prefect blend. And the workmanship is outstanding. Good price for full stainless steel razor. I paid 70 Euros for black handle version.

You were one of the lucky ones that got them when they were still selling them. I had since found out that they pulled them off the market because they had major QC issues. The ones that were going out were great (like yours), but they were rejecting way too much . Hopefully they are working on a solution to begin production again.

Thats interesting because I emailed them on Sunday and they responded to me saying they didnt know when they would be available but hoped it would be soon.

Not surprising. I just had to deal with customer service at a different company. The first guy had no idea about a big defect in the companies product. The second guy was very aware of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 58
I love my Rocca. I have the black handled silver head version. It is very efficient, but smooth. Shaves much closer than the R89. However, I don't have a 41, so I can't be more specific.

One thing I really appreciate is the head is fairly slim. The razor blade lock up is tight. The hollow handle is a good weight.

From my available razors, I believe it is closest to the shave of the Fatip Piccolo.

Top Bottom