What's new

Muhle Rocca Version 4

Recon I have the same version as you. I bought my Rocca 20th Oct -19. It’s confirmed by the retailer that I received V3 version. Without any MIM marks on the cap. Hmm? Do you know when the V4 was announced?View attachment 1154077
The actual version number is a bit of a muddle, at least it is to me. The latest version of the Rocca with the fully MIM head is generally referred to in this forum as V4. But when I received the replacement head from Muhle Germany, it was the new, MIM top cap and base plate and the paperwork accompanying it referred to it as V3.

The actual version number is a bit of a muddle, at least it is to me. The latest version of the Rocca with the fully MIM head is generally referred to in this forum as V4. But when I received the replacement head from Muhle Germany, it was the new, MIM top cap and base plate and the paperwork accompanying it referred to it as V3.
I thought v.4 was the Cnc head. That seems to be what the pics back in post #42 show. I ordered the birch bark Rocca from Maggards today.

The head isnt fully MIM since V2,the V4 is completely CNC machined. But as we have discovered on a German forum, even Mühle is confused by the numbers of versions. I was very interested so I kept a close eye on it, and there in fact were 4 versions.

The head isnt fully MIM since V2,the V4 is completely CNC machined. But as we have discovered on a German forum, even Mühle is confused by the numbers of versions. I was very interested so I kept a close eye on it, and there in fact were 4 versions.
See my reply to @Leverspro. I mixed up my terms in my earlier post.

Well, whatever, I'm jumping in with whatever Maggards sends me. This thread is a year old so hopefully they're not selling stock more than a year old. If I get a head that shaves harsh I have no problem asking Mule Germany if they'll sell me a new head.

Well, whatever, I'm jumping in with whatever Maggards sends me. This thread is a year old so hopefully they're not selling stock more than a year old. If I get a head that shaves harsh I have no problem asking Mule Germany if they'll sell me a new head.
I do hope that you will enjoy your shaves with it as much as I do with my copy. R94 here (matt steel handle, available with the V4 head only). It provides close but comfortable shaves. Truly adore the look and feel... But the handle you chose is beautiful, too.
Happy shaves!

Received my Rocca today, purchased from Maggards. I'm sure it's the version four based on the pics in post # 44 here.
Resizer_16089291455170.jpg

I like the birch bark so much I'm already eyeing the matching brush. Looks great. But I'm not a fan of badger. Oddly the ad copy on Mule website says the knot is easily replaceable. I've never seen that in a brush description before. But $135USD for the brush and toss the knot is a little steep.

I like the birch bark so much I'm already eyeing the matching brush. Looks great. But I'm not a fan of badger. Oddly the ad copy on Mule website says the knot is easily replaceable. I've never seen that in a brush description before. But $135USD for the brush and toss the knot is a little steep.
There is a simple reason for the statement made in the ad. The replacement knots from Mühle have a "screw in"-design (so you don't have to glue them into the handle).

Isn't this brush available with their synthetic knot (Silvertip fibre v2) as well?

Enjoy your beauty of a razor!

You are correct. That Muhle syth seems to be highly regarded also. Still expensive at $132. Also quite small at 21mm. Great looking brush though.

I have the set with the synth brush and stand. It was quite pricey. However, it is quite quite nice. It’s all solid metal and oozes quality. If you are looking for a be all end all set and like how the Rocca shaves it’s great. Of course I also have five test tube holders worth of vintages razors and several other brushes on a shelf in the bathroom;) The muhle set through does get pride of place next to the faucet though because it’s so elegant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom