What's new

Muhle Rocca Version 4

I had contacted Muhle last week via email, offering to purchase the new, version 4 head. They promptly replied asking for photos of my current, version 3 Rocca head. Following that, on the next day, I received an email informing me that they would be sending me a version 4 Rocca head. I was very impressed with the customer service and somewhat (pleasantly) surprised that they were providing the new head at no charge. Perhaps something in the photos indicated a production flaw? In any event I am now awaiting the new Rocca head and will report whether I notice any difference in the performance vis a vis the version 3.

Did you contact Mühle USA?

I purchased a R96 v3 through Maggard’s and when I verified blade alignment issues, my copy had blade smile and asymmetrical/uneven blade gaps, Maggard’s told me I had to deal with Mühle USA. After reaching out to Mühle USA, they gave me hard time saying I didn’t purchase through an authorized reseller. Great. They reluctantly sent me a replacement top cap, which improved the alignment somewhat, buy one side was still prone to biting. I’ve just stopped using my v3 altogether. My R89 head is more reliable and better made.

Side note, before I was aware of there being different versions, I picked up another R96 through BST and it too wasn’t so great, it was a v2. Three times a charm [hopefully with v4 if I can get a replacement head(s)]?

Last edited:
Did you contact Mühle USA?

I purchased a R96 v3 through Maggard’s and when I verified blade alignment issues, my copy had blade smile and asymmetrical/uneven blade gaps, Maggard’s told me I had to deal with Mühle USA. After reaching out to Mühle USA, they gave me hard time saying I didn’t purchase through an authorized reseller. Great. They reluctantly sent me a replacement top cap, which improved the alignment somewhat, buy one side was still prone to biting. I’ve just stopped using my v3 altogether. My R89 head is more reliable and better made.

Side note, before I was aware of there being different versions, I picked up another R96 through BST and it too wasn’t so great, it was a v2. Three times a charm [hopefully with v4 if I can get a replacement head(s)]?
I contacted Muhle in Germany via this email address, [email protected]. Fortunately, they had no problem corresponding in English. They were courteous, helpful and very prompt with their replies.

Good luck.

That's great news and I'm happy to hear that Mühle in Germany stands behind their product! Thanks Steve_in_CT!

I contacted Muhle in Germany via this email address, [email protected]. Fortunately, they had no problem corresponding in English. They were courteous, helpful and very prompt with their replies.

Good luck.

Saved me the trouble of dealing with Mühle USA again. Will dig out my v2 and v3 R96's and take some photos, then reach out to Mühle Germany. Thanks again!

You are right, didn't expect it either...

I wrote them after I read this post on the forum. Didn't expect them to replace it after three years but they respond immediately and sent me new head with apology.
Great customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote them after I read this post on the forum. Didn't expect them to replace it after three years but they respond immediately and sent me new head with apology.
Great customer service

I am glad for you! I hope this is the case for all customers... They do have great products ...
proxy.php

Yes they must have recently changed their policy. Several weeks ago Muhle Uk sent me two new V4 heads for a V2 and V3 I had, once I sent them a photo of the heads in question.

Yes they must have recently changed their policy. Several weeks ago Muhle Uk sent me two new V4 heads for a V2 and V3 I had, once I sent them a photo of the heads in question.
Maybe it's a policy of the UK branch ... I am from Greece so I contacted the German branch. Still the fact that they have different policy for customers from different countries is not fair ...

Maybe it's a policy of the UK branch ... I am from Greece so I contacted the German branch. Still the fact that they have different policy for customers from different countries is not fair ...

I'm also contacted the German branch

Muhle Uk did tell me it would take a few days as they were waiting on some new V4 heads from Germany!, as they were currently out of stock.

Maybe, but free replacement of V1 and V2 is kind of silly from a business standpoint, so it wouldn’t be surprising if they ended any such policy or only offered it for a limited period.

Maybe, but free replacement of V1 and V2 is kind of silly from a business standpoint, so it wouldn’t be surprising if they ended any such policy or only offered it for a limited period.

Why silly?
It's called customer service. There was a problem with V1.

Why silly?
It's called customer service. There was a problem with V1.
Being generous three years after the fact isn't customer service so much as goodwill. From a business standpoint it does not make sense to replace every single V1, V2 and V3 head free of charge, so it shouldn't surprise anyone if they eventually stopped with it. If there was a problem with them, it should have been addressed within a reasonable time frame.

So I would consider myself very fortunate if the company was willing to send me a V4 free of charge, but I wouldn't call it unfair if they didn't. I'm definitely envious of anyone who had an earlier version and was able to exchange it. That's an awesome deal, especially since the V4 looks great and the reviews are consistently positive.

Top Bottom