What's new

Muhle Rocca Version 4

I bought the Rocca V4, It came today morning & wow it is beautiful, build quality is impeccable, perfectly weighted balance point, the finish is matte silver which kind of changes depending on the light to a nickel colour.

I haven't tried any previous versions but shaved with it not long ago using a Asco platinum blade, it shaves very smooth although there is some blade feel it wasn't harsh at all, didn't experience no blade chatter even going against the grain.

Very efficient razor, no nicks or cuts, getting the angle with the bottom cap making contact first instead of starting from the top, slowing tilting up till it feels comfortable. I didn't find it aggressive as i thought it would be.

IMG_20200106_164137.jpg

IMG_20200106_183244.jpg

20200106_213212.jpg

20200106_212242.jpg

20200106_185556.jpg

20200106_190312.jpg

20200106_183849.jpg

20200106_183813.jpg

20200106_190409.jpg

20200106_191235.jpg

Awesome pictures. Not only artistic but very informative with great angles. Generally, it looks like a beauty that screams high quality and luxury. Love the huge lather channels but I'm a little concerned about blade chatter based on this design. Can you comment?

Awesome pictures. Not only artistic but very informative with great angles. Generally, it looks like a beauty that screams high quality and luxury. Love the huge lather channels but I'm a little concerned about blade chatter based on this design. Can you comment?

It’s a Muhle, of course it has microscopic blade chatter. If you’re sensitive to that don’t get this, get a GC or a Timeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Best thing is to try one for yourself it's difficult to say if it would work for you or not.

The reason i got on fine with the Rocca was because i have a Vintage razor that has a similar geometry to the Rocca which i have been using for years & years, similar profile so i was able to use the same technique in finding the angle & shave without any problems.

The blade chatter does usually effect me too as i has a coarse tough beard but with certain razors with this unique geometry which aren't rigid in design & have a lot of blade exposure & gap but still some how surprisingly they work for me. These designs are blade forward but very efficient once you master the technique depending on if they work for your face or not.

I do experience blade chatter with many other razors, but with only a select few razors designed like this I'm somehow able to shave without problems, everything says they won't work for me but somehow they do.
20200107_154138.jpg

20200107_150724.jpg

20200107_150803.jpg

20200107_151925.jpg

20200107_151741.jpg

Last edited:
fantastic pictures and a great review. Thanks!

I am so torn! What if the new RazoRock stainless comes out later in 2020?:wink2:

Thanks, I was about to get a EJ 3One6 but chose the Rocca, I'm glad i did, i have a RR Gamechanger which is amazing too, I'm sure RR will release another SS razor or 2 in 2020 :adoration:

I bought the Rocca V4, It came today morning & wow it is beautiful, build quality is impeccable, perfectly weighted balance point, the finish is matte silver which kind of changes depending on the light to a nickel colour.

I haven't tried any previous versions but shaved with it not long ago using a Asco platinum blade, it shaves very smooth although there is some blade feel it wasn't harsh at all, didn't experience no blade chatter even going against the grain.

Very efficient razor, no nicks or cuts, getting the angle with the bottom cap making contact first instead of starting from the top, slowing tilting up till it feels comfortable. I didn't find it aggressive as i thought it would be.

View attachment 1050326
View attachment 1050325
View attachment 1050327
View attachment 1050329
View attachment 1050330
View attachment 1050331
View attachment 1050332
View attachment 1050336
View attachment 1050337
View attachment 1050328

Great looking razor!! Congratulations! :a14: :a14:

View attachment 1050326
View attachment 1050325
View attachment 1050327
View attachment 1050329
View attachment 1050330
View attachment 1050331
View attachment 1050332
View attachment 1050336
View attachment 1050337
View attachment 1050328
Gorgeous razor, fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing.

First shave with the new Rocca R94 was very positive. This is a medium aggressive razor at best but delivers a very close two pass shave that is very smooth with little blade feel. Build quality is very impressive with perfect blade alignment and a shiny stainless steel finish. For the money very well worth it. It seems the R94 is not yet available in the USA. Bought mine from Europe. No VAT tax is Okay with me.
IMG_0310.JPG

This is a medium aggressive razor at best but delivers a very close two pass shave that is very smooth with little blade feel.
I have a V3 and I'm very surprised to hear you say that there is very little blade feel in your V4. I'm not sure if our scales for blade feel are misaligned or if the V4 head is very different than the V3. What razors do you find have more blade feel than the Rocca?

I have a V3 and I'm very surprised to hear you say that there is very little blade feel in your V4. I'm not sure if our scales for blade feel are misaligned or if the V4 head is very different than the V3. What razors do you find have more blade feel than the Rocca?
Windrose slant, Homelikeshaving Start 1.18 as an example. The R94 is an excellent shaver. To me it is a smooth and very efficient razor. I really don't like making comparisons because its all opinion of the user.

When did the V3 come out? I bought my Rocca in June 2019 and didn't get along with it at all.
I actually just sold it last week. It was simply too agressive for my taste. Unfortunately, because it is really a great looking razor. Looking at the pictures of the V4 it seems to me as if the blade exposure is less then for the previous versions...

I think the V3 Rocca came out in the later part of 2018, I have a V2 and V3 and like them so much I may get the V4 next week.

So from what I know of previous versions, Muhle don’t tend to change the blade gap/shaving dynamics of the Rocca. While there are clear differences in the V2 and V3 Rocca heads I can discern no difference in the shave experience, so I suspect the same with the V4.

I think the V3 Rocca came out in the later part of 2018, I have a V2 and V3 and like them so much I may get the V4 next week.

So from what I know of previous versions, Muhle don’t tend to change the blade gap/shaving dynamics of the Rocca. While there are clear differences in the V2 and V3 Rocca heads I can discern no difference in the shave experience, so I suspect the same with the V4.
Thanks! So, I probably had a V2...

After selling the V1 & V3 Roccas I had, I pulled the trigger on a Birch V4 Set (razor & brush) on sale (saved 60€). Hopefully I like that one more ;)

Yes please. I have a v3, want to know if I need to get a new v4 to serve as a new head for my set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a V3 that I like, but I also have a V4 on its way to me. I'll post my impressions of any differences in the shave once it arrives and I get in a few shaves.

Top Bottom