What's new

Muhle Rocca Version 4

Last year, before Christmas, I sent an email to Mule's German office asking them to sell me Rocca head. In response, they asked me to send them my mailing address. Then there was silence for a few weeks, and just before the New Year, I received an email tells that they are sending me a parcel. On February 1, 2022, I received Rocca head in the mail for free. According to the results of shaving this head, I can say the following. The razor is demanding on the blades. It does not shave comfortably with every blade. And secondly, after shaving with this razor, I always have irritation in the mustache area. There is no such irritation with any other razor. Why so - for me it's still a mystery.
And by the way, the envelope also stated that this is the V3 version. According to the photos of this razor in this thread, I received the so-called fourth version.

Reactions: edw
Last year, before Christmas, I sent an email to Mule's German office asking them to sell me Rocca head. In response, they asked me to send them my mailing address. Then there was silence for a few weeks, and just before the New Year, I received an email tells that they are sending me a parcel. On February 1, 2022, I received Rocca head in the mail for free. According to the results of shaving this head, I can say the following. The razor is demanding on the blades. It does not shave comfortably with every blade. And secondly, after shaving with this razor, I always have irritation in the mustache area. There is no such irritation with any other razor. Why so - for me it's still a mystery.
And by the way, the envelope also stated that this is the V3 version. According to the photos of this razor in this thread, I received the so-called fourth version.

As far as I recall, the V4 definitely exists but muhle didn't officially change it to V4 and still refer to it as V3.

As far as I recall, the V4 definitely exists but muhle didn't officially change it to V4 and still refer to it as V3.
I posted about this once before (perhaps earlier in this thread). While there do seem to have been 4 iterations of the Rocca head, Muhle only recognizes 3 of them. It's unclear which two they group together, but if you get a Rocca from Muhle that is described as V3, it is the latest version.

I think that v3(4) head is def. in shops worldwide (less likely that someone has stocked v2 i.e.)
Was in doubt when ordering my R94 (see review) from Spain's giftsandcare.com
They were kind enough to send me images prior to purchasing, as I was reluctant between R94 and R96 but went for pure silver-mat finish to avoid soapy stains on black. As someone said earlier, v3 seems to be a CNC milled head while v4 is underlying code for R94 as a "new" model entirely (with updated head). Doubt that v3 and v4 heads are different.
Nevertheless, I'll share images which were kindly sent to me so you can check (and of course, I encourage everyone to ask your vendor for confirmation prior to ordering, Muhle would restock them probably without cost anyhow).
Also, if in doubt, MIM casted will leave circled stamps in metal due to mold, CNC milled will have micro-lines due to tool rotation, but I think this was already mentioned as well.

Attachments

• R96.jpg
    R96.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 76
  • R94.jpg
    R94.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 77
Top Bottom