What's new

Muhle Rocca R96

I mostly enjoy the Rocca. Generally a smooth efficient shave. After a week of shaving with it, I cannot get it to smooth the jawline. I try a little bit of buffing and jhooking, but do not want to run the risk of irritation.

didn’t like the birch? I have a son who ain’t into shaving atm, but if he does he will love the rocca, which would then leave me 2 :)

Loved the look and feel of the birch handle, but I didn't like the balance point of the razor since the handle is lighter weight.

Loved the look and feel of the birch handle, but I didn't like the balance point of the razor since the handle is lighter weight.

I have thought about selling one but just cant let any go.. i know they shave exactly the same but each handle gives each razor a different 'feel'.. and i just love the birch, think its my favorite cos its so different to anything i have

I pulled the trigger on the birch bark Rocca. I didn’t need another razor, but I’ve always been attracted by its looks, and got a great deal from yourshaving

congrats it’s a gorgeous razor…such a different feel to it, one thing u will notice is that it gets more grip as it gets wet

For quite a while my Rocca R95 was my favorite razor. It is still the razor I would keep if I could only keep one razor. I love the birch bark handle, and I consistently get great shaves with no drama. With all that said, I still use my Blackland Dart more than any other razor. It's very slightly more efficient than the Rocca, but it's also less forgiving of either a careless stroke or any little blemish you shave over. Now that I'm retired and can take my time shaving on most days, those issues are quite manageable.

Just thought I would post my thoughts about the Muhle Rocca once I figured out the right angle it is incredibly smooth and efficient. I can now get it done with a two pass shave with the grain. no weepers or irritation just a real nice shave. Thanks for reading

Congratulations! Great when you get everything ship-shape!! :a29:

I am about to pull the trigger and buy a Rocce razor. Love the DLC (Jet Black) but also the Birch. Any suggestions? Read some place that the coating (DLC) peels off…

I have the birch and find it to be pretty sexy. Something about the wood. I'm not sure if the jet black might have better balance, but the wood handle does make the balance a bit head-forward, not that it makes a difference to using it for me. Otherwise, don't hesitate. It's become my favorite daily.

Reactions: ssv
I am about to pull the trigger and buy a Rocce razor. Love the DLC (Jet Black) but also the Birch. Any suggestions? Read some place that the coating (DLC) peels off…
My advice is that if you like the look of the birch handle, that's the one to get. Aside from the fact that it's my favorite razor handle, it's also unlike anything else you are likely to have or to get in the future. I don't find it particularly light, and I love the way it feels in my hand.

I have the birch bark,full stainless and the black handle (not jet black dlc)

the stainless is 10g heavier in the handle the other two are the same

which do I like? All 3 they all give the exact same shave just feel different in the hand

the ***** has a wood/cork feel, the carbon black has a plastic feel and stainless obviously metal

so really it just depends on weight, look and what you like the feel of

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Rocca R95 v4:
shave 20210722_145910_2.jpg

Rocca R96 v3:
shave 20210703_140715_2.jpg

The shaves between the v4 and v3 are quite similar.

My clear preference, though, is for the Birch Bark handle on the R95 v4.

Nice shaving razor! :cool:

I've had 3 versions....still have 94 and 96. I loved the feel of the 95 birch handle, but for me the lighter weight handle made the razor balance too head forward for my liking. The 94 has the heaviest handle which to me balances the razor best....and is my favorite version. I do like the looks of the 96 as the black handle really sets it off, but the handle is lighter than the 94, but heavier than the birch handle. I've been using the 96 handle on my 3one6 and it rocks.

Top Bottom