What's new

Muhle Rocca R95 Birch Bark - Durability?

3 days growth was taken care of with ease.. with a polsilver

B760D492-44C3-441E-B910-CB45D4958874.jpeg

I have had excellent results with every blade I have tried in my Rocca. That includes Personna Israeli Reds, Bic Chrome Platinum, Gillette Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette Nacet and Feathers. This morning's shave was with my Rocca and a new Feather blade. It was a very smooth and close shave.
Good to know that it's not super blade dependent.

no need for luck, the rocca is as safe and smooth as you get.. I’ve used feathers and they are pretty good also

regarding whisker type, I have very strong thick quick growth and this is my #1 favourite razor, close behind the wr2
Which WR2 plate? I have an order in for a WR2 1.25 SB.

I just shaved with it using a Kai. First bad shave ever with the Rocca. For me, the Kai just added too much blade exposure. But I love the Rocca with an Astra or Nacet.
Good to know. I bought a five pack of Kai last year out of curiosity. Have not found a razor yet that I like it in.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I just shaved with it using a Kai. First bad shave ever with the Rocca. For me, the Kai just added too much blade exposure. But I love the Rocca with an Astra or Nacet.
Good to know. I bought a five pack of Kai last year out of curiosity. Have not found a razor yet that I like it in.

Blades work for me in some razors but not in others. Because they are a tiny bit wider, Kai blades will give you more blade feel.

I have not shaved with the Rocca but have used the Kai successfully in my Timeless Ti 0.68 SB, Gillette Techs, Personna BBS-0, Stahly, Hone 15a, Karve Brass SB-B and probably others I have spaced.

I would not use the Kai in my more aggressive razors like the Ikon TEK, Ikon B1 Standard, Fatip Grande MK1 and Muhle R41 Twist.

Definitely a YMMV situation. :)

Blades work for me in some razors but not in others. Because they are a tiny bit wider, Kai blades will give you more blade feel.

I have not shaved with the Rocca but have used the Kai successfully in my Timeless Ti 0.68 SB, Gillette Techs, Personna BBS-0, Stahly, Hone 15a, Karve Brass SB-B and probably others I have spaced.

I would not use the Kai in my more aggressive razors like the Ikon TEK, Ikon B1 Standard, Fatip Grande MK1 and Muhle R41 Twist.

Definitely a YMMV situation. :)

Thanks and agreed! I like the Kai in the Gamechanger .84 SB.

Just used a Wolf for a solid week and found myself missing the handle on this razor. I really like it. It has a warm soft feel with incredible grip. Today I put a Kai blade in it and found it to be a good pairing. Fantastic, easy and comfortable shave.
Resizer_16106359383130.jpg

Hello everyone. I wrote to muhle asking if there is a version 4 and what the Rocca R94 SS is made of and this they answered me:

"Many thanks for your message. We had some modifications after the launch of ROCCA. Now the head of ROCCA is made completely of 316L stainless steel. People assume that there is a new head V4 which is not the case. V3 is milled by CNC and there has not been another change since then (beginning 2019). So we only produce one version since the beginning of 2019.

The handle is made of 3 pieces and assembled in our manufacture. The black middle part is made of brass.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any further question.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards"

Top Bottom