What's new

Muhle Rocca - handle assembly mod?

D13F4D0C-22B8-4C4B-A584-5ECBECA52FB3.jpeg
Hello all.

I own a Muhle Rocca (birch handle) razor - and really love how it shaves and looks.

My only beef is the handle is quite long (~4”) and makes it just a bit cumbersome to use compared to my other razors.

Ive considered modding it to make the handle shorter.

Does anyone know how the metal butt-cap it attached to the handle? Is it simply epoxy-glued in place do you think? Doesnt seem to be threaded-on.

I think it would be a simple mod to remove the butt cap, cut a portion off the end of the handle assembly, and then re-install the cap.

Thoughts?

I had a machinist friend of mine lop-off about 3/8” from the -100mm Ti Razorock Halo handle for my Lupo last year, and it really made a difference for me. Level of enjoyment noticibly increased…

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I would just choke up on the bat and shave with the original length. Beautiful handle!

Reactions: CCS
Or use the other handle (TI chopped) you have on the Muhle head.

I like the Muhle handle so much, I tend to use it with many other heads....works great, I like the length esp. for head shaving.

It's too nice of a handle to mod imo. If you have machinist friend, it would be better to have that person make a new handle for you. Personally I have the all ss handle and love it.

Top Bottom