What's new

Muhle Rocca - a true rocker!

Mühle blades are rebranded Personna. At one point they offered both in their store and also supplied a 10 pack which became a 5 pack and now ... one blade. 🤪

@edw the R94 pure steel is the heaviest of the Roccas, the other handles are even lighter. Had a lengthy debate about that, we put a lot of different Rocca handles on scales.

And kudos from me, I like heavy handles, too. The 100mm Barberpole from Timeless is one of my favorites, wish the Crown handle would also be available in SS +1cm. But I diverge, sor

Mühle blades are rebranded Personna. At one point they offered both in their store and also supplied a 10 pack which became a 5 pack and now ... one blade. 🤪

@edw the R94 pure steel is the heaviest of the Roccas, the other handles are even lighter. Had a lengthy debate about that, we put a lot of different Rocca handles on scales.

And kudos from me, I like heavy handles, too. The 100mm Barberpole from Timeless is one of my favorites, wish the Crown handle would also be available in SS +1cm. But I diverge, sorry.
Can you compare Timeless SS and Rocca because I planing to buy Timeless SS scallop head and wandering between open and close comb. It will be very helpful for me. Thank you in advance!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Can you compare Timeless SS and Rocca because I planing to buy Timeless SS scallop head and wandering between open and close comb. It will be very helpful for me. Thank you in advance!
The Rocca gives a good shave, the Timeless just do it better. Sorry, Rocca fans. My Rocca is a bit unused since I got so many other razors. The enemy of good isn't evil but better, after all. Unless you lust for a wooden handle or want to save quite some money there is no compelling reason to take the Rocca over the Timeless.

Regarding the different Timeless heads, the Timeless OC is very tame, I would always recommend it over the scalloped bar or safety bar. The scalloped cap is something I personally like a lot, it goes perfectly with the OC and the SCalloped bar.

I would recommend the Timeless .95 OC, or .68 OC if you are favoring milder razors. The .95 OC is only medium aggression, no real need to worry. While the Timeless Slim OC is my personal favorite, it is hard to recommend as it isn't for everyone. It allows one to go steeper in angle than the .95 or .68 plates, but will be harsher than as well. It can shave smoothly, but then requires holding a specific angle that isn't guided or locked in by cap or bar. I enjoy the angle variability and effectiviness, but the .95 OC is very good as well and fits much more shavers.

We haven't talked about the Aluminum or Bronze Timeless. I can only talk about the Bronze .78 OC there, which is very blade forward. While looking deceptively similar it has no shave characteristics in common with the .68 and .95 heads, or the Slim.

The Rocca gives a good shave, the Timeless just do it better. Sorry, Rocca fans. My Rocca is a bit unused since I got so many other razors. The enemy of good isn't evil but better, after all. Unless you lust for a wooden handle or want to save quite some money there is no compelling reason to take the Rocca over the Timeless.

Regarding the different Timeless heads, the Timeless OC is very tame, I would always recommend it over the scalloped bar or safety bar. The scalloped cap is something I personally like a lot, it goes perfectly with the OC and the SCalloped bar.

I would recommend the Timeless .95 OC, or .68 OC if you are favoring milder razors. The .95 OC is only medium aggression, no real need to worry. While the Timeless Slim OC is my personal favorite, it is hard to recommend as it isn't for everyone. It allows one to go steeper in angle than the .95 or .68 plates, but will be harsher than as well. It can shave smoothly, but then requires holding a specific angle that isn't guided or locked in by cap or bar. I enjoy the angle variability and effectiviness, but the .95 OC is very good as well and fits much more shavers.

We haven't talked about the Aluminum or Bronze Timeless. I can only talk about the Bronze .78 OC there, which is very blade forward. While looking deceptively similar it has no shave characteristics in common with the .68 and .95 heads, or the Slim.
Thank you very much!!! It was very helpful!! When I saw Timeless SS .95 OC with scallop head was my second love for first sight ( after Rocca Jet) and thanks to you decision is made!!! Next razor is that! After saving a lot of money and waiting for some coupon discounts 🤣🤣🤣
P.S. if someone else has experience please share it with me!!!

Thank you very much!!! It was very helpful!! When I saw Timeless SS .95 OC with scallop head was my second love for first sight ( after Rocca Jet) and thanks to you decision is made!!! Next razor is that! After saving a lot of money and waiting for some coupon discounts 🤣🤣🤣
P.S. if someone else has experience please share it with me!!!
I have a Rocca 94 and I've had Timeless SB 68, 95, 38 Bronze, Ti Slim, and OC 68 and Ti Slim. For me the Rocca shaves better than any of the Timeless razors. I've sold all but the Ti Slim SB/OC. They look great and shave really smooth, but lack efficiency compared to my other razors. Just now I finished a shave with my Ti Slim OC and while a good shave, there is still some stubble remaining. When I use my Rocca, my face ends up smoother with less over shaving in areas.

Many folks here use and love Timeless razors and they work well for them. They are a design work of art for sure. For me they are just so so performers. Not sure why, but I get along much better with other razor brands (Yates, Blackbird, Rocca, etc).

I hope you enjoy your Timeless, but better to check other threads. This one is/was about the Rocca and we are quite threadjacking it.
Rocca is my first love!!! Still my favorite and sexy looking!! ❤️❤️❤️ The most sexy safety razor I ever saw!!!
IMG_20221208_174509_125.jpg

And it goes vice versa for some US & CAN razors when it comes to Europe, sadly. To keep it "Muhle" related thread, I eventually opted for Rocca as a piece of "stainless razor to outlive me" due to mentioned free shipping (normally would add ~10 eur) and I got a web-shop discount as partially regular member (-10%) so in total, my price for (at least) unique design, beautiful craftmenship, honeycomb patterned handle and razor that rarelly any look-alike, ended up 69 eur in total. That would be my close to top price to pay for any razor. I was very reluctant towards some "game changing" razors, as they started at 75+ euros without any available discounts and shipping costs, so I would end up paying close to 100$ for a razor very, very similar to some Chinese spin-offs. I didn't want to have "is it genuine or outsourced" moment in my head for 30$ overpaid.

Anyhow, now owning Muhle's triplet - R89, R94 and R41 I must say that I'm becoming Muhle fanboy :) Each one of them is a marvel on its own, and hereby focused R94 is definitelly a razor to take time with. Not because it's super aggressive or anything, but just as it is so well made, producing unique cutting sound effect and before you know it - the shave is over, now must wait for another day (or two). Still haven't found blade that doesn't perform well in Rocca or doesn't align properly. Only fallback so far noticed is that due to its weight and good grip, I tend to hold it more confidently and possibly too grippy for above-average aggressive (efficient) razor. R41 on other hand, being lighter does serve as recommendation to hold it lightly (if that makes sense) and not press razor to the face. Rocca, when held in hand feels so powerful that you swing it like a mace but in reality, shall be gently guided for remarkable results.

I believe you'll enjoy it, cheers!
Glad you are enjoying all three.

I too have become a Muhle aficionado. The R41 being my favorite, I have both the chrome and stainless steel (wish the handle had more grip). I have the R94 Rocca. And I am currently awaiting the arrival of a rose-gold handled R89. I have progressed thru the line up in opposite fashion than most.

I continue to be impressed with their craftsmanship. And now I can be done buying razors - hahahaha

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've always liked their razors. Absolutely love my R41 Grande SS. You may think the high end Muhle razors are expensive ... but, in the grand scheme of high-end razors, they're actually not that bad. I mean, compare prices with Wolfman and Timeless and Blackland and you'll quickly see that the better Muhle razors are a steal.

I've always liked their razors. Absolutely love my R41 Grande SS. You may think the high end Muhle razors are expensive ... but, in the grand scheme of high-end razors, they're actually not that bad. I mean, compare prices with Wolfman and Timeless and Blackland and you'll quickly see that the better Muhle razors are a steal.
New Rocca's are fairy reasonable if purchased from EU sites.....I think I got mine for around $77 or so. Though prices may have gone up since I purchased mine.

Been shaving a bit with the Rocca lately with excellent results.. but used a nacet last night and shave was little rough, not too bad but not great

Anyone else experience this with a nacet + Rocca combo?

PXL_20230613_093458901~2.jpg

I would agree the Rocca is a smoother shave. Which version is your Rocca? Mine is the v4. There have been reports that it has reduced aggressiveness compared to the v1 and v2, which were MiM, not CNC.
That's it. I'm out since they changed the razor once again but use the same model number.

New Rocca's are fairy reasonable if purchased from EU sites.....I think I got mine for around $77 or so. Though prices may have gone up since I purchased mine.
You are so lucky not havingto pay EU VAT. :smile: But still a very reasonable price at $85-90. The Rocca is very mild in usage and very effective in results.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Absolutely LOVE the Rocca. So much, in fact, that I have sold my 3ONE6 and my Envoy, and will be posting my Game Changer and Lupo on the Bay in the very near future.

Other than the looks of the razor and the build quality, I love the feedback best. Both audible and tactile feedback; I literally don’t have to rub my face to find missed spots because the razor tells me. This may be due to the hollow handle or the fact that the blade isn’t clamped to the edge? Whatever it is, it works brilliantly for me.

Specifically on the R94, can someone tell me how the handle is assembled? I can find nothing on the inter webs. I know both ends are CNC machined and the center tube is hollow, but, is it simply pressed together or is it brazed?

Top Bottom