What's new

Muhle R41

Hi I’ve got a simple question. Is the R41 head the same head on all of their open comb razors? Is it the only Muhle OC head made? I’m a little bit confused about this. I’ve been looking at them on Amazon, might get one. Somebody please give me info on this, thanks!

Yes it's the same with different handles: grande, rose gold, fake horn (plastic) . There is a 2 piece: twist model; and finally you can just buy the head for $25 and put on your handle of choice!! So what changes is the handle and prices!

Yes it's the same with different handles: grande, rose gold, fake horn (plastic) . There is a 2 piece: twist model; and finally you can just buy the head for $25 and put on your handle of choice!! So what changes is the handle and prices!
Oh great advice! Maybe I’ll just buy the head! Thanks!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Lately I’ve been thinking about getting a Muhle R41 razor. I’ve read that it’s favored by many gents here. I want something more aggressive than my usual set up. What’s this razor like? Who here uses and likes it? Please give me info on it.

It’s been almost five months of wondering. Unless it’s a financial issue or an anti-hoarding issue, it might be time to know the razor for yourself.

There’s a faux tortoise shell handled one that looks cool. 44 dollars price.
Yes basically I’m looking for a new toy.
I have the R41 with the Tortoiseshell handle, which is the R103 - it looks lovely, but I found the handle too light for my tastes; so I’ve used the R41 head to great effect with my dscosmetics Destroyer handle. Then since I got the R89 Grande, the Grande handle works very well with the R41 head! So if heavier handles suit you best, it’s worth considering that when looking at the R103. Hope this helps! 😃

It’s been almost five months of wondering. Unless it’s a financial issue or an anti-hoarding issue, it might be time to know the razor for yourself.
It is FYI a financial issue. I live on disability which is Social Security. My family gives me spending money at times but it’s not a lot. I make do with what I have, it’s forced me not to be a hoarder. If I had more cash I’d have real acquisition disorders since I love this hobby so much. The only thing I’ve ever hoarded is blades, over 1200. And that’s not nearly as many as other gents here have.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’m sorry to have touched on a sensitive subject. In every event, I do hope you’ll enjoy the R41 - head or complete razor - when one finds its way to your home. They’re Nature’s R89.

I’m sorry to have touched on a sensitive subject. In every event, I do hope you’ll enjoy the R41 - head or complete razor - when one finds its way to your home. They’re Nature’s R89.
Oh it’s all good, no offense taken. I just find happiness in the razors that I do have. And I enjoy my modest rotation of soaps. Having less makes me appreciate more what I do have.
Yes someday I’ll get an R41 but I’m not in a hurry.😌😌😌

Hi I’ve got a simple question. Is the R41 head the same head on all of their open comb razors? Is it the only Muhle OC head made? I’m a little bit confused about this. I’ve been looking at them on Amazon, might get one. Somebody please give me info on this, thanks!
I have one of those tortoise handles, looks great but for some reason the light slippery handle did not work for me w this head.... felt dangerous. So I tend to use the Grande or the standard handles.

It is indeed the same head but you have multiple handle options:

R41OFFEN - head only (a complete set of topcap & baseplate), £19
R41 - chrome handle, standard size, £34
R101 - black resin, standard size, £34
R103 - faux tortoiseshell resin, standard size, £34
R41RG - rose gold handle, standard size, £36.50
R41GRANDE - chrome handle, larger size, £43
R41TWIST - 2-piece chrome handle, larger size, £46

Conveniently, you can buy the business end of the razor only and simply put it on your favourite handle :)

I’ve got good news concerning this. Another member here has kindly offered to send me an R41 that he was thinking of getting rid of since he is downsizing. That makes me really happy. I am grateful for the brotherhood of BandB, this group of shavers is awesome I can hardly wait for my first shave with the razor.

I hope you are getting on well with the R41 @razorhead63. I'm not sure what handle you have on yours, but I got a Bulldog handle for mine and it made a huge difference. The stock handle was too slippery and too light for my tastes.

That's what I put on my early R41 after a few shaves with different blades. It turned the Muhle into a completely different razor in the way it shaves.

Top Bottom