What's new

Muhle r41

Well I went ahead and got a Muhle r41. I was pleasantly surprised. I found it smooth and efficient. I used Personna Blue and Porosso and got a nick free very close shave first time out of the gate. Very little pressure on the razor shaving and did a 2 pass shave. Happy with the results.

Well I went ahead and got a Muhle r41. I was pleasantly surprised. I found it smooth and efficient.

I had the same reaction after my first shave. I had held off getting one for a while, having read how aggressive they were. But I found one for a great price and couldn't pass it up. And I was fearful for nothing. Not that it doesn't demand attention, but I cut myself more with my Gillette NEW.

The R41 has surprised me as well. I thought I liked mild to mid aggressive razors but after reading the posts from Jakebullet and his experience as a "newbie with a Muhler R41" I decided to give it go. I have used it for a week now and have been getting the best shaves I have ever had. 1 pass is DFS+ and a 2nd pass gives me 90% BBS. FWIW, I have never been one to chase a BBS because I have sensitive skin. I can't do more than 2 passes and most of the time only do one pass...until now. I too have found the R41 to give smooth and very close shaves without nics or weepers. I am sure it will bite if I get in a hurry but so far so good. I have tried many razors over the years. The R41 has really been working well for me. Simply amazed.

I recently got the Maggard's MR8 handle for my r41. It seemed to help me keep from applying too much pressure, but now I have to get used to using it all over again. It feels a lot different than I was used to before, but I like the extra grip. I use the Gillette yellows as well.

I love mine and usually load it up with voskhod blades. Love how close a shave I can get. Musgo Real cream and the R41 is a perfect shave for me.

I’d be afraid I’d shave too slow with it from an abundance of caution. So I never purchased one. I shave a few times a week with an ATT H plate and give similar respect to it.

I like more efficient razors but since I shave in the morning I want a more mindless shave so generally opt for upper efficiency vice top of food chain. But I’m a mindless guy. Ha.

I’d be afraid I’d shave too slow with it from an abundance of caution. So I never purchased one. I shave a few times a week with an ATT H plate and give similar respect to it.

I like more efficient razors but since I shave in the morning I want a more mindless shave so generally opt for upper efficiency vice top of food chain. But I’m a mindless guy. Ha.

I will agree but I must say nothing wakes you up like the first stroke of an R41 in the morning...LOL.

Ha, ain’t that the truth.
Yes indeed, actually pulled that bad boy out for this mornings shave along with some Musgo Real Spiced Citrus...smooooth as can be. :a11: It certainly wakes you up...finished off with some Fine Italian Citrus AS...great way to start the weekend!

After 6 months of using it that thing still gives me a little adrenaline burst as I line the steel up against my face for the first pass. Any sleepiness left over from the shower is sent screaming for cover when it sees the R41 coming.

After 6 months of using it that thing still gives me a little adrenaline burst as I line the steel up against my face for the first pass. Any sleepiness left over from the shower is sent screaming for cover when it sees the R41 coming.
It scares my other razors! The New short and long comb just sit there...even the Old Types...not a peep. LOL.

I finally bought the R41. I use the Polsilver blades. What an amazing BBS shave! Glade I bought this open comb. First open comb I ever used. What do others use for blades in the R41?

My first R41 shave was also a very smooth and close shave. I expected more blade exposure and blade feel but both are just right. The blade was an ASP.

I'm realy thinking about returning my borrowed Rockwell 6S instead of buying it... or maybee just keep both :001_cool:

Top Bottom