What's new

Muhle r41

I took part in a Decembeard challenge 2 years ago and decided I'd treat myself to an R41 for my first shave in a month. I wasn't disappointed!

I found my beard seemed to be at least another day behind what was my usual growth rate between shaves after that first shave. Whether that was more down to the fact my beard had been shaved completely after a month of growing or because the R41 is so efficient is hard to say.

I prefer using the R41 when I've got at least 4 days' growth and it's largely because it's satisfying to see it reduce the beard so much after one pass. I'll have 5 days' growth tomorrow and am toyed between using the R41 or my Merkur Futur.

M

member 119848

Same here, pleasant surprise with the R41.

@mc57 ,
The 2011 version is hard to get.
So unless 2011 is mentioned, when we´re talking R41 we mean the current version.

Same here, pleasant surprise with the R41.

@mc57 ,
The 2011 version is hard to get.
So unless 2011 is mentioned, when we´re talking R41 we mean the current version.
Yup...though you know I wouldn’t mind trying a 2011 for S&Gs...I love mine and really when I want NOT to shave for three days that is the one I reach for. Any closer would probably mean shaving my face from the inside!

M

member 119848

Yup...though you know I wouldn’t mind trying a 2011 for S&Gs...I love mine and really when I want NOT to shave for three days that is the one I reach for. Any closer would probably mean shaving my face from the inside!
Arghh... if one wants to shave closer than with an R41, there´s always the shavette option…

I don't know why so many people are scared of this razor. I can shave pretty quickly and effortlessly with it and not get any cuts or nicks. I think it's one heck of a razor.

Top Bottom