What's new

Muhle r41 where have you been all my life

Folks i think im in love with the the efficiency of this razor. 1 pass is all it takes and im happier with this shave than many shaves i had done two passes or even 3. Its so smooth and works real well with the dr carvers shave butter. I'll just have to try it out one of these days with proraso green or red.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

Folks i think im in love with the the efficiency of this razor. 1 pass is all it takes and im happier with this shave than many shaves i had done two passes or even 3. Its so smooth and works real well with the dr carvers shave butter. I'll just have to try it out one of these days with proraso green or red.

Similar to my reaction to the Ikon Tech when I happened across one with the help of a B&B brother. As I've often said, came upon me like a revelation. Don't think that overstates it. :biggrin1:

I have the 2013 version of R41 and I love it! I use mine mostly with Polsilver SI and sometimes with Feather and I rarely nick myself even though most folks will say that R41 it's very aggressive. R41 is definitely my most efficient razor that gives me the closest shave. I might get the 2011 version one day just to see the difference.

The R41 (2013) is a mainstay in my rotation. When I 1st tried it I knew right away it was a keeper. Smooth and very efficient. I did buy & try a 2011 version, it was too aggressive for me and I sold it. Many blades work for me in the R41 but some of my favs are Perma Sharp, Personna Red & GSB.

I tried the muhle r41 with proraso green it worked great with astra sp blade (3).
I did a two pass shave and got most of face bbs some areas needed another touch up but was overall pleased.
Used alum stick then proraso red AS

Not my daily shaver but once and a while when I feel at the top of my game (and have piece and quiet) I pull her out. I added a 3.25 inch Shave Craft Bull Dog handle for a little added weight and balance which I think helps me at taming her.
IMG_8312.JPG

I have an R41 post 2011 and its a great tool. Paired with Feather and Astra blades (all I've used with it) it delivers good results.

On the Proraso soaps, I have tried all 3 (green/red/white) and for some time I have stuck with the white tub. The white proraso tub is in between a soap and a cream so works better when used with more aggressive razors compared to the other 2 yet, still rinses out easily from the razor heads and or single blades if using shavette style units.

Top Bottom