What's new

Muhle R41 v Game Changer OC/JAWS

My RAD seems to be getting worse and i feel helpless to fight against it :001_cool:

My last two razors, a Muhle R41 and a Timeless 0.95 SB SS have been excellent purchases and i couldnt be happier with both.

I love the differences both these razors have to offer. The timeless is a smoother razor and the R41 a little more blade feel, but both are extremely efficient razors.

I also like the differences in how both razors 'feel'. The Timeless a hefty beast that plows down the growth and the R41 a more nimble slightly efficient shave. For clarification purposes i dont use the stock R41 handle as i find it too light and slippery. IMHO the Rockwell 6C handle is a perfect fit for the R41.

The Rockwell 6C is a good razor but find R6 isnt efficient enough for me.

I once used the GC 0.84 SB, and really enjoyed it. A very smooth nimble razor, but unfortunately it was not efficient enough for me....... and along comes the OC/JAWS versions.

From what i have read so far i reckon i will be going for the JAWS. The OC has a more refined look and the JAWS looks more of a beast, but to me, its all about the shave rather than looks.

My question to those that have them is how do the OC/JAWS compare to the R41 and/or Timeless 0.95 SB. I am more interested in comparisons of efficiency and feel.

Also for the record, i have quite thick facial hair growth an normal (not sensitive) skin

thanks in advance

The Jaws isn't in the same league as the 41. My .95 OC was a smooth, chunky 3 pass razor. A touch more efficient the .84 GC. The Jaws wants to be a 2 pass razor but is still quite smooth. I place it between the Rocca/Dart and Timeless .95/Rocnel Aggressive/Karve F SB/ATT H/GC .84.

With 2 shaves on the Jaws, I can't really compare the efficiency to other razors. I will say ATG with the Jaws is much smoother than ATG with the R41. Sorry I not much help. Give me a full week with Jaws and I will know more.

The Jaws isn't in the same league as the 41. My .95 OC was a smooth, chunky 3 pass razor. A touch more efficient the .84 GC. The Jaws wants to be a 2 pass razor but is still quite smooth. I place it between the Rocca/Dart and Timeless .95/Rocnel Aggressive/Karve F SB/ATT H/GC .84.

thanks for the reply.. when you say not in the same league as the R41 what do you mean? is it in regards to efficiency or feel? I personally find the R41 (post 2013) and 0.95 SB about on the same level of efficiency.. good to hear that you find the JAWS above the efficiency of the 0.95 OC

With 2 shaves on the Jaws, I can't really compare the efficiency to other razors. I will say ATG with the Jaws is much smoother than ATG with the R41. Sorry I not much help. Give me a full week with Jaws and I will know more.

yeah no worries mate, i have put my order in (waiting till they get to Australia) so the JAWS wont be here for another week or two, thanks for the reply and yeah keep me updated

it is good to hear that the JAWS is smoother than the R41. Personally i find the R41 quite smooth in any direction i shave in when i ride the cap more.. when i am riding the bar i feel more blade and scraping.

from what i am hearing so far the JAWS is smoother than R41 and more efficient than 0.95 Timeless OC

thanks for the reply.. when you say not in the same league as the R41 what do you mean? is it in regards to efficiency or feel? I personally find the R41 (post 2013) and 0.95 SB about on the same level of efficiency.. good to hear that you find the JAWS above the efficiency of the 0.95 OC
I use a neutral angle, equal cap and bar. In terms of blade feel a straight is a 10, Ikon tech is 9++, CG 3 a 9+, R41 a 9, Fatip mk1 an 8, Rocca and Dart a 7, GC Jaws a 6+, Timeless .95/Rocnel Aggressive/Karve F SB/ATT H/GC .84 are a 6.

having second thoughts about getting the JAWS v OC, im hoping JAWS can be an everyday shaver?

Last edited:
With 4 shaves in, I have found running neutral or slightly ridding the cap Jaws or the "Great White" as I call it provides a very close shave with no irritation. I am really enjoying it. Say this point I would say it is milder than the 2013 R41 but not by much. I still find it much smoother ATG than the R41. The Great White is a keeper in my book. Shaves closer than the .84GC/SB.

With 4 shaves in, I have found running neutral or slightly ridding the cap Jaws or the "Great White" as I call it provides a very close shave with no irritation. I am really enjoying it. Say this point I would say it is milder than the 2013 R41 but not by much. I still find it much smoother ATG than the R41. The Great White is a keeper in my book. Shaves closer than the .84GC/SB.

nice report @bdehne glad your enjoying your razor.. I dont find the +2013 R41 rough at all, blade feel absolutely but not rough so if this is a little milder, sounds like it will be perfect for me.

What blades are you using with your JAWS? and what handle did you get with it?

nice report @bdehne glad your enjoying your razor.. I dont find the +2013 R41 rough at all, blade feel absolutely but not rough so if this is a little milder, sounds like it will be perfect for me.

What blades are you using with your JAWS? and what handle did you get with it?

I am using an Astra SP this week. Next week I will try a Feather. It came with the Super Knurl handle. A bit long for my taste so I swapped to a Weber Bulldog handle.

Sounds like I have to look at getting the jaws, I really shouldn't read these forums... but I love the GC .84 and it would be great to have a slightly more efficient OC version!

So basically, in terms of aggressiveness, the new JAWS is close to the Pearl open comb head [which was actually the previous JAWS razor]?

Top Bottom