What's new

MUHLE R41 - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The R41 with the right handle is just as good as the Bronze OC .78. On the same level.

its a fantastic shaver for sure, i have matched it with my rockwell 6C handle and it feels perfect. I will measure the weight of this to the timeless which is considerably heavier as it is in SS.

i just purchased the R41 this morning and it should be here in the next couple of days. Will put off shaving till i get it so i have enough to shave...

cant wait.........
I use Proraso Red and Stirling barbershop. When I did I noticed it could of been a lil better. That’s when I picked up the Proraso Pre/Post. Ever since then it’s bern WAY better with my R-41. I got all my stuff from WestCoastShaving

had another shave with the R41 this morning and after a shave with the timeless yday, dare i say it, but i think i enjoy shaving with the R41 a touch more..

no nicks/weepers, no irritation, comfortable, and a super close shave

i absolutely love this razor!!!

I've heard so much about this razor that I've decided to get one, since it was on sale for $40 (since gone up to $60). It is due to arrive on Friday. The one I am getting is the Grande in chrome finish.

I'll let you know how I like it once it arrives and I try out. Now I'll just need to decide which blade to use. I'm thinking that GSB might be the first blade to try.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've heard so much about this razor that I've decided to get one, since it was on sale for $40 (since gone up to $60). It is due to arrive on Friday. The one I am getting is the Grande in chrome finish.

I'll let you know how I like it once it arrives and I try out. Now I'll just need to decide which blade to use. I'm thinking that GSB might be the first blade to try.

congrats on your R41, let us know how you get along. I love my r41 and thats putting it up against a timeless and a wolfman, of course the build quality is not comparable to the two i mentioned but it still ranks high in my den

congrats on your R41, let us know how you get along. I love my r41 and thats putting it up against a timeless and a wolfman, of course the build quality is not comparable to the two i mentioned but it still ranks high in my den
What blades do you use in your R41?

i have tried a feather but for me no good, way to harsh

my favorite are polsilvers best blend of sharp and smooth for me, have also used and like persona platinums and german wilkinson swords

have also tried rapira, not sharp but very very smooth and also work well in the R41 for me

i have tried a feather but for me no good, way to harsh

my favorite are polsilvers best blend of sharp and smooth for me, have also used and like persona platinums and german wilkinson swords

have also tried rapira, not sharp but very very smooth and also work well in the R41 for me

Thanks! I'm definitely avoiding Feather, since I doubt anything that sharp is necessary. I have some Rapira blades, plus Voskhod and Ladas.

I'll have to try the others you mentioned.

I like R41. I am one of those who shaves every day and the R41 has a reputation for mowing beards of up to 1 year of growth without batting an eye.

I always have two on hand. The silver R41 on the left is original. The R41 on the right in silver with a black handle is a Chinese clone. They both shave in a similar way.

In shaving rotations I also use the BRONZE TIMELES and the KARVE.

IMG-20200324-WA0000.jpg

In my experience, the Astra SP really shines in the R41. The only other blade I use in it is the GSB, but I find that combination less forgiving, so I do my best to be careful. Either one of those blades works very well for me.

In my experience, the Astra SP really shines in the R41. The only other blade I use in it is the GSB, but I find that combination less forgiving, so I do my best to be careful. Either one of those blades works very well for me.
Thanks for the tip. I have both of those.

bear in mind YMMV, i have tried Astra SP and i dont like these at all, but out of the few razors i have tried them in the R41 was the best

I have probably 3 R41 (normal, tortoise (dont like the handle) and grande (fav)). I tend to use Nacets w it.
Mainly headshaving, it provides me with the best shaves.....always careful, no accidents so far.
Sencond is Karve OC C or D

I like R41. I am one of those who shaves every day and the R41 has a reputation for mowing beards of up to 1 year of growth without batting an eye.

I always have two on hand. The silver R41 on the left is original. The R41 on the right in silver with a black handle is a Chinese clone. They both shave in a similar way.

In shaving rotations I also use the BRONZE TIMELES and the KARVE.

View attachment 1077829
I loved my 41 so much I got another for traveling as well (man I wish I could travel now). I’ve since moved on to a Parker adjustable and a Karve myself. The Parker is by far the most “efficient.” The Karve the most comfortable. The 41 is the best overall though.

I borrowed my R41 to a friend who does not shave so often (i gave him my Merkur C23 since it was to mild for me).
He was sceptic at first due to the lack of guard but he did not have any problems and he was happy since there was nio clogging whatsoever.
For me it was 3 weeks without my R41.. last night i had ATG and XTG two pass shave, almost BBS, i just love it!

I love the R41! It arrived a day early, so I tried it out on my armpits (I'm a woman).

I did a three pass shave using a GSB blade, Maggard Razors London Barbershop soap, Whipped Dog silvertip badger brush, alum block and Thayer's witch hazel.

No irritation, no cuts, and no hair left at all. This is the closest, smoothest shave I've ever had. I didn't even feel the alum block at all, which means I shaved properly.

I'm glad that I didn't let some of the comments about this razor scare me. It's great. [emoji4]

Last edited:
Top Bottom