What's new

MUHLE R41 - FIRST IMPRESSIONS

i just purchased the R41 this morning and it should be here in the next couple of days. Will put off shaving till i get it so i have enough to shave...

cant wait.........

i just purchased the R41 this morning and it should be here in the next couple of days. Will put off shaving till i get it so i have enough to shave...

cant wait.........
I keep mine around to be a beard killer just in case I let my whiskers grow a bit longer than I usually do.

just got it in, looks killer.. i quickly swapped out the handle to my rockwell 6C and have to say i like the weight and feel of this one more than the stock handle.

cant wait for tomorrows shave, just not sure which handle to use at this point

just got it in, looks killer.. i quickly swapped out the handle to my rockwell 6C and have to say i like the weight and feel of this one more than the stock handle wait for tomorrows shave, just not sure which handle to use at this point

Enjoy, my friend! The R41 is great and isn't anything to worry about. Good blade feel, yet smooth enough and very efficient.

Enjoy, my friend! The R41 is great and isn't anything to worry about. Good blade feel, yet smooth enough and very efficient.

thanks mate.. cant wait to see how she goes.. its been two whole days since my last shave and have the shakes

out of curiosity do you use the stock handle?

I would recommend using the stock handle for a week of shaving, and then change to a new blade and the other handle, and see if the alternative handle is better.

Looking forward to your assessment.

thanks mate.. cant wait to see how she goes.. its been two whole days since my last shave and have the shakes

out of curiosity do you use the stock handle?
I haven't used it in awhile, but I think so. I do have a favorite Weber Bulldog that I use on many razors, but I don't remember if it works on that one or not. I was using it quite a lot about six months ago, but have been primarily using a Timeless lately. Whatever handle you use, it will perform. If you like blade feel, then this thing is on point. I do like that too, but my Timeless has virtually no blade feel and I have been enjoying that for awhile. Let us know how it goes, bud!

I haven't used it in awhile, but I think so. I do have a favorite Weber Bulldog that I use on many razors, but I don't remember if it works on that one or not. I was using it quite a lot about six months ago, but have been primarily using a Timeless lately. Whatever handle you use, it will perform. If you like blade feel, then this thing is on point. I do like that too, but my Timeless has virtually no blade feel and I have been enjoying that for awhile. Let us know how it goes, bud!

what timeless do you have? i have the 0.95 SB SS version and i love it.. it is super smooth and very efficient

not sure how i feel about a lot of blade feel, which is why i am giving this a test run.. if i like it may look at getting a timeless bronze OC

I would recommend using the stock handle for a week of shaving, and then change to a new blade and the other handle, and see if the alternative handle is better.

Looking forward to your assessment.

thanks mate.. will have a report due first thing tomorrow morning, with the stock handle..

what timeless do you have? i have the 0.95 SB SS version and i love it.. it is super smooth and very efficient

not sure how i feel about a lot of blade feel, which is why i am giving this a test run.. if i like it may look at getting a timeless bronze OC

I have the .95 TI and love it! I also have the Bronze, which is very similar to the R41 in my opinion. Different feeling shaves, but both great. I think Timeless is the best company in the business. Great products and unbeatable customer service and they actually have inventory, that is available to buy, all the time. What a concept...Haha.

I have the .95 TI and love it! I also have the Bronze, which is very similar to the R41 in my opinion. Different feeling shaves, but both great. I think Timeless is the best company in the business. Great products and unbeatable customer service and they actually have inventory, that is available to buy, all the time. What a concept...Haha.

Lol strange that, having inventory available for consumers, how dare they

When u say the timeless bronze is similar but different how do u mean?

From my perspective the R41 and Bronze are both aggressive due to exposure, but the Bronze is a more rigid design and not prone to tug ATG as is the R41.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Actually, I was unclear. I think the Bronze is similar to the R41. It is different than the Timeless .95, but both deliver great shaves. Sorry about that.

like @BrotherDerekB said, nothing to fear, efficient and great blade feel... this is one amazing razor

swapped out the stock handle to the rockwell 6C handle as it just felt better in my hand

wow did i learn a few things today!!! i got a good appreciation of what a difference angle can make and also now understand what blade feel is.

Was set to tackle a 3 day wirey beard, first pass, WTG pass with zero touch pressure,. I was amazed at how much hair the R41 mowed down on the first pass.. at first my angle was a bit too steep, with the handle to close to the face and felt a bit of scraping. Quickly adjusted to an angle more with riding the cap and it smoothed out immediately.. i was very impressed.

lathered up and went for the second pass XTG and again wow.. i was totally surprised at how smooth, comfortable and efficient the razor was.. I could of easily stopped here with an excellent DFS but i am forever the BBS chaser and went for it.

I was a little apprehensive to go ATG as i had read many comments of things going bad, but i had to know. WOW!!! again super smooth and the results were amazing. Super close BBS, even in my trouble areas around the neck / adams apple...

After those 3 passes plus a light touch up, my face felt fine, no razor burn evident. Applied the splash and confirmed that the shave ended up the closest i have ever had, comfortable, no nicks or cuts, no burn.. i love this razor!!!

Awesome update, brother, and I am glad you like it. The R41 can stand in against most anything, especially at that price. And, did I mention that they are usually easy to order and receive quickly? Hahaha, sorry, my pet peeve is all of these razor companies that only sell razors in short windows of time with long wait lists. Forgive me.

If you ever want to try the Timeless Bronze, then just say the word. I am happy to mail you the head and you can put it on your favorite handle and give it a whirl to compare with the R41. I am not using it at the moment and it is not a problem. Ok?

Awesome update, brother, and I am glad you like it. The R41 can stand in against most anything, especially at that price. And, did I mention that they are usually easy to order and receive quickly? Hahaha, sorry, my pet peeve is all of these razor companies that only sell razors in short windows of time with long wait lists. Forgive me.

If you ever want to try the Timeless Bronze, then just say the word. I am happy to mail you the head and you can put it on your favorite handle and give it a whirl to compare with the R41. I am not using it at the moment and it is not a problem. Ok?

mate nothing to forgive.. i feel exactly the same.. after my first shave with a wolfman i was hooked, never owned a 'high end' razor prior. I really wanted it but wasnt gonna sit there waiting for a window of opportunity to order one, so i ended up finding the timeless, which is a fantastic razor..

What amazes me about the R41 is the quality of shave for such a low priced razor..

thanks heaps for the offer regarding the timeless bronze, i would love to try it out.. only potential issue is that i live in Australia and not sure how that works out for you?

second day with the R41, kept all other things constant, except for the shave angle. Polsilver blade, A&E signature soap + splash. 3 passes WTG, XTG & ATG + touch ups

Tried the R41 with a steeper angle with the handle closer to my face and no issues at all, this razor continues to amaze me, another super close comfortable shave. Concentration levels were still high but feel totally at ease with this razor.

the only issue i see arising is having to chose between the R41 and the timeless.. awesome problem to have

Top Bottom