What's new

Muhle R41 and feathers

Just recently discovered my wet shaving hobby. I started with an R41 and feather and learned to respect it. There was some blood shed the first few shaves but today i can do a 2 pass shave with very little irritation. A 3rd pass ATG is sometimes too much , but still trying to figure it all out and experimenting with some other blades. Hello to everyone. :cowboy:

Shower is my prep. I am face lathering with a few different soaps- B&M, A&E, and a few Stirling soaps. My go-to is Seville but i really like Hallows also. A&E Spartacus is great. There are way too many artisan soaps to try. My wife always asks why i use so much lather. I feel like i have 100 years worth of soaps to shave with so why skimp on lathering.

Welcome to B&B. You are a brave man to start off with a R.41 and Feather.

The first shave with a feather is a little harsh but by the 3rd shave the R41 is on auto pilot. The first time i put a blade in that razor i was definitely nervous but i feel like somehow they get smoother as they become less sharp. I tried Astras platinums in that razor and they just don't feel right on my skin. I've got a few others on the way- we'll see how they do for me, especially ATG.

I tried a GSB in my Karve with a B plate on 2 day stubble. The jury is still out. I plan to try the GSB on the R41 tomorrow.

Welcome! You've got some good gear & a good start. It sure feels great after you get a good shave. Enjoy your journey!

Went with a Kai instead. Felt like shaving with a sharp steak knife. Doubt i'm going to give that blade another try because i think it was a slightly painful shave. BBS but more razor burn in spots where i don't usually get it.

For me R41+Feather is the best combination. I use it myself too.

In case you want a really smooth shave not aggressive as R41, but equally efficient, you have to go to a Blackland Blackbird.

...or you can go to a more aggressive than R41 which is iKon Tek.

Top Bottom