What's new

Muhle R 41 taking it out for a spin

This is a fine razor but boy is it unforgiving although I think I got away lucky compared to some I will preserver though the angle is more crucial than any other razor Ive used so far...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the video Steve!! I have been shaving with the R41 now for about 2 weeks and find everyday it becomes smoother as my technique and learning curve have grown with it. I Keep the angle kind of steep, and let the razor do the work...I've only been bit by it once, and that was with a blade combo that didn't seem that effective for me.

Nice video, Steve. I've got the 2010 R41 and will get the 2011, soon. I know, two different animals.

I can't believe how fast you shaved with it. I awaken a half hour earlier to give me the time I need to get a clean, close, comfortable shave. You wasted no time using that very sharp utensil. With all the horror stories about the R41, I have hesitated buying it, but seeing videos like yours shows me that it is still just a razor. Thanks again and enjoy your shave!

I gotta get one of these. It's must be a testosterone thing, "if he can, I can!" But I gotta get one.
Johnnie

Johnnie, I'm pretty sure you would love it....I'm current on a mission to get all of the R41 variations...2008, 2010, etc...I found using the NEW exclusively for about a month made a difference on how I approached this razor, and for me...I find it a very smooth razor when matched with the right blade. It really tackles the stubble well...I'm down to two passes and touch ups..

Nice video, Steve. I've got the 2010 R41 and will get the 2011, soon. I know, two different animals.

I can't believe how fast you shaved with it. I awaken a half hour earlier to give me the time I need to get a clean, close, comfortable shave. You wasted no time using that very sharp utensil. With all the horror stories about the R41, I have hesitated buying it, but seeing videos like yours shows me that it is still just a razor. Thanks again and enjoy your shave!

My first shave I was slow....because of all the "Horror stories"....but now....if I take all the prep , etc out...it goes by quick!!

I've had an r41 for a while now and it's a great razor. Give it respect and it'll give you a great shave. That said, I find myself reaching for my 37c lately? All of a sudden it's giving me consistent BBS with no burn and it never did before. I'm not complaining. Perplexed, but not complaining.

Top Bottom