What's new

Muhle/Pinsel Sea Bruckthorn

I got a sample of this cream with my last order from Details for Men.
I was very pleasantly suprised. It has a really nice fresh "sea" scent,
lathers very nicely and gave a good cushiony smooth shave. I will definitely buy a tube the next time I order.
I got a puck of the hard soap version of the same stuff too.
I haven't tried it yet as I have five soaps open already. I will be looking forward to breaking it out.

Yes, this is the first time I have seen this cream.
I generally have better luck with soaps and I use them more often than creams. This Muhle product sure is good though. Rich, thick and cushiony.

I read in one of the reviews that this is the same cream as Edwin Jagger, which I have used. It is great stuff in the Sandalwood also.
Larry

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Muhle have creams now? I didn't know...but the soaps are fantastic!!

I read in one of the reviews that this is the same cream as Edwin Jagger, which I have used. It is great stuff in the Sandalwood also.
Larry

That's correct. I think Muhle produce the stuff and EJ rebrand it under their name.

Either way, the soap is fantastic!

I find that the MUHLE shave soaps overdry your skin after use. Well...that's what it did to mine.

EJ is definitely a MUHLE partner as it clearly states that on MUHLE's website.

I use the Muhle regular shaving cream and like it very much. I have seen the Sea Buckthorn and often wondered if it was any good. Does anyone know if the consistancy is the same as the regular Muhles cream?

I use the Muhle regular shaving cream and like it very much. I have seen the Sea Buckthorn and often wondered if it was any good. Does anyone know if the consistancy is the same as the regular Muhles cream?

NB, I have the original Muhle as well as Sea Buckthorn and Sandalwood and find them to be same (different scents, of course), which is to say excellent. It's very slick for a cream. Must be the bee's wax. It's similar to Speick in that regard.

I just got the EJ branded Sea Buckthorn recently but my impressions are as others very top notch cream and very slick, sounds like it is the same as the Muehle brand as Bees wax is listed in it as well

I find that the MUHLE shave soaps overdry your skin after use.
Luckily, their creams do not. I have used the EJ/Muhle Sandalwood, and it is quite nice. Great scent too. The Aloe I only used as a soap, but the scent was quite unique and enjoyable. Granted, they are not a bargain when compared to TOBS, but they are quite nice nonetheless.

Top Bottom