What's new

Muhle is launching a LE R41 Stainless Steel

M

member 119848

As long as it's not one of the common TTO of course - but I understand your general assumption. Therefore I think it would be great if they sold it as a head only as they do the zamak.
That way you don't have to pay more for something you wont use.
I still agree with you. The head separately would be a nice offering.
A common setup is the R41 head paired with a bulldog handle.

So Mühle, if you´re reading this thread take our wishes into account! (you will increase your sales) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
20210415_110733-01.jpeg
Just 2 comfy passes today, bbs on the face and dfs+ on the neck. No flaws to report...

Apologies if this has already been addressed. Would you say this is an improvement over the zamak/chrome R41? Other than longevity of course.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Speaking of the razor's handle, has anyone measured it?

I'm interested in how fat it is, and how long it is. The weight is published on the manufacturer's site.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hi Jim,

Pls check post #11.

Greetings!

Thanks, but...

1619713811785.png

I'm not entirely sure yet. How fat is the handle at the knurled part between the rings?

[Maybe I'm missing something and the handle is 14.9 mm in diameter between the rings?]
If so, that's too fat for me.

4-24-21.TimelessBronzeSB.Stand.New-from-BST.640.JPG

I have a Timeless handle that is 14 mm. That's huge (although it seems okay on the Timeless Bronze).

If anyone has the R41 SS razor and a pair of calipers...

Happy shaves,

Jim

Thanks, but...

View attachment 1259548

I'm not entirely sure yet. How fat is the handle at the knurled part between the rings?

[Maybe I'm missing something and the handle is 14.9 mm in diameter between the rings?]
If so, that's too fat for me.

View attachment 1259549

I have a Timeless handle that is 14 mm. That's huge (although it seems okay on the Timeless Bronze).

If anyone has the R41 SS razor and a pair of calipers...

Happy shaves,

Jim
If I remember to, tonight I will take some calipers to my R41SS.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
(My) R41 Grande Handle measurements:

Length: 98.9mm
Maximum diameter: 14.9mm
Knurled section diameter: 14.1mm
Weight: 78g

Exactly what I was looking for an hoping for, Cal.

14.1 might be acceptable to me.

How do you like the razor?

R41.2.Chrome.RoseGold.640.7-18.JPG

The new SS R41 seems to be sold out everywhere. Plus, I wonder if they will make the razor with a rose gold handle which is what I'd much prefer. The R41 rose gold is one of my very favorite handles visually. I'm probably one of the few who really loves the R41 handle in general (and, yes, I get that the "knurling" is as shallow as a Kardashian).

Do you see the SS R41 shave as just the same as that of the non-SS R41? Substantially better or different?

I get along with the R41 and can certainly use it, but I don't love it nor do I find it "smooth." It's a bit prone to biting, too, but, it's quite efficient. I'm not entirely sure I want the SS version unless there's a significant improvement, and it looks just the same (with tiny variations) except for the SS. Am I wrong?

Happy shaves,

Jim

:laugh:
I think ~14mm is an ideal handle radius... but then I think ≤75mm is an ideal handle length.
YMMV always in play. :letterk1:
As per my journal post of April 6: "three shaves in and I was getting bored with it."
The new SS R41 seems to be sold out everywhere. Plus, I wonder if they will make the razor with a rose gold handle which is what I'd much prefer. The R41 rose gold is one of my very favorite handles visually. I'm probably one of the few who really loves the R41 handle in general (and, yes, I get that the "knurling" is as shallow as a Kardashian).
I suspect that they wouldn't consider plating stainless steel.
Do you see the SS R41 shave as just the same as that of the non-SS R41? Substantially better or different?
The head is definitely a more accurate tool, and of course considerably stronger. So, being a perfectionist, I consider it to be substantially better.
I get along with the R41 and can certainly use it, but I don't love it nor do I find it "smooth." It's a bit prone to biting, too, but, it's quite efficient. I'm not entirely sure I want the SS version unless there's a significant improvement, and it looks just the same (with tiny variations) except for the SS. Am I wrong?
The SS version (head, not handle) is definitely an improvement. But it's definitely NOT a significant improvement IMO. The reason I'm keeping mine (and will no doubt PIF my Zamac head) is because I'm a crazy perfectionist (and, as you are aware, a pedantic git). :biggrin:

Exactly what I was looking for an hoping for, Cal.

View attachment 1259939

Happy shaves,

Jim
If you basically don't LOVE the shaves the standard R41 gives, I'd recommend to stick with the standard version... just my 2 cent.
Greetings!

Top Bottom