What's new

Muhle is launching a LE R41 Stainless Steel

I just received my SS R41 today and you are not kidding about the handle. It is huge. I am also surprised they didn't take a little more time and attention with the packaging for it given the "premium" nature of it.

I prefer the 2011 design, but having a 2013 model in stainless and knowing it should last forever is kind of nice.

I would really be happy to hear a review vs Timeless slim. Which one is more efficient ? Which one more smooth? ' think I'm not the only one asking this himself...
Only being one shave in with the stainless R41, I need more time. I did however do 30 consecutive shaves with my Timeless Slim OC, HERE.

I intend doing 30 consecutive shaves with my new stainless R41 too. Only 29 to go. :laugh:

I like the big handle, it makes it easier for you to alter your angle and reach far spots.
Vive le différence! :laugh:

Personally, I always prefer short handles due to their better maneuverability (small sports car vs. limo). Also, I don't reach for far spots... just my beard area.

Additionally, I prefer my razors to be either perfectly balanced or head heavy.
Having all the weight at the non-business end confuses my simple mind. :letterk1:

I would like to see a short handle version but there are so many after market handles available there is probably no need or market.

20210404_104709-01.jpeg

Nothing to report today but a very close and easy, flawless shave. Happy Easter!

Last edited:
I intended to shave with my new SS R41 this morning and after putting a blade into it, realized the base plate/comb is completely misshaped on one side. I can't believe it passed quality control. Anyone else get one that was like this? I can't seem to get a decent picture of the flaw, but in any event, I am going to be returning mine. Haven't decided if I will get a replacement or just a refund.

I intended to shave with my new SS R41 this morning and after putting a blade into it, realized the base plate/comb is completely misshaped on one side. I can't believe it passed quality control. Anyone else get one that was like this?

Sorry to read this, this kind of s*cks!
However, a picture really would help to answer your question...

Picture of the misshapen base plate on my SS R41...

Now this base plate is obviously damaged... TBH I have never seen such an issue with any of my Mühle razors... not even with my Fatips :facep:

I'd quite surprised to learn such flaw does happen more than once. Too bad you were the unlucky chosen one.

Last edited:
Muhle (USA) was pretty helpful when I got someone on the phone. The R41 GS is backordered, but they are shipping me a replacement for free when it comes back in stock and they do not want the damaged one back, so I guess I will have an extra handle.

Stainless R41 SOTD
S-R41-SOTD-G_2021-04-06.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49 (56)
Soap: TFS Tabacum Crepito (3)
Razor: Mühle stainless R41 head on custom olive wood handle (3)
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
ASL: Clubman VIBR (21 and menthol added)

Another good shave. :biggrin:

BUT... three shaves in and I'm getting bored with the stainless R41. The only reason I got the stainless steel version was for its manufacturing accuracy. (Like an old [favorite] boss of mine used to say: "If it's spot on it'll be rough enough.") Sure, it's better than the original (2013) Zamac version but it still retains the typical Mühle/EJ (way too big for my preference) clamp distance.

I've trained myself to get good shaves with this sort of razor, but in my heart I'm still a lover of clamp-that-blade-rigid razors.

Ah well, like anything else, being a pedantic git has its plus and minus points. :001_rolle :letterk1: :laugh:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Top Bottom