What's new

Muhle is launching a LE R41 Stainless Steel

I really hope this isn't a limited run as it is rumoured, because I always wanted a proper R41.

If this Stainless Steel version becomes continuous production, then I'm golden for the GRUYERE, and another item is added to the 'List'.

If this turns out to be a limited run, then this will be the case of 'Sour Grapes' for me.

If I didnt already have a R41 and similar handles then I may have been tempted. But I am hoping they will offer this as a head only purchase in the future; only then if priced realistically would I be tempted.

The basic pig iron R41 I am using now will give the same shave and easily outlive me, so getting a replacement just because its in SS is too expensive to even consider, if they had made the handle look something unique or special it may have helped the acquisition.

An all brass R41 Grande with the famous Muehle chrome plating would’ve been just as desirable as the SS model, if not even more so if priced less than $100 USD. That I would have jumped on immediately. Stainless is so overdone and boring now.

If it is not too much trouble, could you post a side view picture of the loaded head so we can judge the blade exposure?

Since it's already late in the evening there's no more ambient light available...
Hope you don't mind.

20210321_211617-01.jpeg

20210321_211157-02.jpeg

The SS head solves the problem of plate loss on the pig-iron R41`s ... even though mine is about 3 yrs old and still looking like new..

I was more disappointed with the handle. Why didnt they make it look something special .. or just different??

The SS head solves the problem of plate loss on the pig-iron R41`s ... even though mine is about 3 yrs old and still looking like new..

I was more disappointed with the handle. Why didnt they make it look something special .. or just different??
Yeah I wish the handle was designed differently. Love my basic r41 as is and not looking to put a dent in my wallet for such pricing. Little bit much for same thing just SS if you ask me

The LE R41 arrived this morning but not in time for my morning shave so what follows are merely my initial musings.

First off I must say that it looks pretty damn good and the fit & finish appears to be top notch. All the visible parts are highly polished (they've done a bloody good job with that actually) and the non-visible sides of the topcap and baseplate have fortunately been left unpolished. This will undoubtedly help with holding the blade more firmly in place. Speaking of which, there is less of a gap between the topcap and baseplate when fully assembled compared to the standard head.

Apart from the above mentioned I can't really discern any difference between the two heads. The teeth are pretty much the same in both shape and dimensions although the photos don't show that particularly well. The blade reveal also seems the same. I therefore expect the same shaving experience from the SS head as I get from the standard head.

Some further thoughts might be forthcoming tomorrow but in the meantime here are some photos:

IMG_20210322_103036265.jpg
IMG_20210322_103053028_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210322_103120005.jpg
IMG_20210322_103507989_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210322_103454711_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20210322_103630950_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20210322_103813219_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_103341897.jpg
    IMG_20210322_103341897.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 56
I really hope this isn't a limited run as it is rumoured, because I always wanted a proper R41.

If this Stainless Steel version becomes continuous production, then I'm golden for the GRUYERE, and another item is added to the 'List'.

If this turns out to be a limited run, then this will be the case of 'Sour Grapes' for me.

"
thank you for your message. It is not a birthday edition, we will have the R 41 GS as a regular product in our assortment.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards, "

&

" The head will not be sold as a single item."

how does the LE R41 compare with the Dscosmetic Z0 316L..?

"
thank you for your message. It is not a birthday edition, we will have the R 41 GS as a regular product in our assortment.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards, "

&

" The head will not be sold as a single item."

how does the LE R41 compare with the Dscosmetic Z0 316L..?

Thank you very much, this information has eased my urge to get R41 GS.
Now, I can easily postpone this razor.

I had ordered one of the R41 ss from Muhle out of Michigan last Friday early. I didn't get shipping notice so I called them. They were to have received 20 razors but when they opened the box there were only 2. They said not sure when the rest will arrive from Germany but offered me a full refund or wait. I decided to wait and they gave me a 2day shipping full credit. So I will wait.

Top Bottom