What's new

Muhle is launching a LE R41 Stainless Steel

For those interested, I have just received a pre-order email from Muhle about the limited edition Muhle R41 Grande in 316L stainless steel, to be launched in celebration of R41's 10th year anniversary

316L stainless steel, 113 grams and 105.9mm length

1616141680771.png

Last edited:
Muhle seems like a split personality to me....their R41 and ‘89 razors are very high quality in my experience, I got 2 of their stainless Rocca models. One was the first version, one a few months ago, both had misalignment, curve - ‘smiling’ blade issues. I like the R41 and would consider the stainless version except for the repeated bad experience with their other stainless razor model. I will wait to see if there are any issues with this one before I even think about it.

It was time... I wish the price was a little lower, in the Rocca Range (€85-€95). However, it's a must buy. I wonder if, being the 10th year anniversary edition, it's a SS version of the original head but I don't think so.

Muhle seems like a split personality to me....their R41 and ‘89 razors are very high quality in my experience, I got 2 of their stainless Rocca models. One was the first version, one a few months ago, both had misalignment, curve - ‘smiling’ blade issues. I like the R41 and would consider the stainless version except for the repeated bad experience with their other stainless razor model. I will wait to see if there are any issues with this one before I even think about it.
That's too bad. Though I have only one Rocca, the all stainless steel version it is perfect and a fabulous shaver.

The R41 was probably the most efficient DE razor i've ever had, but somehow the shaves weren't as enjoyable or comfortable enough and it felt rough, tuggy with small blade chatter even with sharper blades. I kept mine for only when I need a fast shave with less passes, but them I've got a MMOC, which is basically an R41 on steroids, but also much smoother and comfortable and I had to sell my R41.

I'm sure those who like the regular R41 will want to buy one of these.

The R41 was my very first DE razor and I still have it. Great shaver (once you learn how to use it).

For the price, which back then was around €40 for the "Grande" version, it's a tremendous razor. That said, I have no desire to ditch out 3 times as much for essentially the same thing, just in SS. Makes no difference to me, as I very seldom use my R41 these days.

In their global website there is no indication that this will be a limited edition.
They only saying that it's introduced on the 10th anniversary of R41.
(Same message for the English, German and French version of the website).

Top Bottom