What's new

Muhle is launching a LE R41 Stainless Steel

Just the handle I couldn't handle.
20210929_084745.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Yesterday I received the one I ordered online. Pretty fast shipping from the UK.
Looks like they ran the box over with a forklift, but the razor was pristine and undamaged.
Inner and outer boxes were goners.
I'll give it a go later today with the Stirling soap I just got.

I am not familiar with the R41 GT. Google didnt provide any help. I would love to know more. Nice looking razor!
This is the 10th anniversary limited edition of the R41 in titanium. These razors were sold in their flag stores in London (skyline engraved in the top cap as pictured) and Berlin (skyline of Berlin engraved) exclusively (they didn't even ship it), 100 copies of Berlin and another 100 copies of London...

Last edited:
I had no idea that existed. I am a recent R41 convert. Killer razor!
Yes it is a worthy addition Brad thats for sure. If I can say this razor is as good as CG lvl3 or Wolfman 1.45 wr2 or Blackbird Ti, Thats saying Alot. I was lucky enough to have a good friend over in the United Kingdom. Im still in the honeymoon period with the r41 ti (r41 Grande Titanium aka GT). It was beautifully explained by @JAHE

I bought an R41 GS a few weeks ago and I'm finding it to be a great razor. It's not a daily razor for me, but if I go a couple of days between shaves, this thing rocks. I have the regular R41 and never use it due to it shaving kind of rough for me. Not sure why I decided to buy the stainless version, but I'm glad I did. This razor is much smoother and a pleasure to use. I tried shaving daily for a few days when I first got it, but it was a bit much. For those times I skip a day, I reach for the GS and it provides the closest shaves I've ever gotten.....and they last a good 12 hrs or more.

I'm finding it very smooth (compared to my other version) and not as prone to bite. Skin feels the smoothest I've ever felt it after my normal 3 pass shave with minimal touch ups....no irritation what so ever. Kept feeling my face all day yesterday wondering when the whiskers would return. It took until 9PM before I started feeling scruff....nice.

The handle is huge and the knurling isn't quite deep enough, but once wet, I find the handle grip adequate. If you like the R41, I would highly recommend the GS if you're looking for an upgrade.

I bought an R41 GS a few weeks ago and I'm finding it to be a great razor. It's not a daily razor for me, but if I go a couple of days between shaves, this thing rocks. I have the regular R41 and never use it due to it shaving kind of rough for me. Not sure why I decided to buy the stainless version, but I'm glad I did. This razor is much smoother and a pleasure to use. I tried shaving daily for a few days when I first got it, but it was a bit much. For those times I skip a day, I reach for the GS and it provides the closest shaves I've ever gotten.....and they last a good 12 hrs or more.

I'm finding it very smooth (compared to my other version) and not as prone to bite. Skin feels the smoothest I've ever felt it after my normal 3 pass shave with minimal touch ups....no irritation what so ever. Kept feeling my face all day yesterday wondering when the whiskers would return. It took until 9PM before I started feeling scruff....nice.

The handle is huge and the knurling isn't quite deep enough, but once wet, I find the handle grip adequate. If you like the R41, I would highly recommend the GS if you're looking for an upgrade.
which model do you have of the regular? 2011?

Ordered me one and I'm curious how it will shave. It is still in the mail. After shaving with the Merkur slant for years I converted to straight razors, maybe this one will convert me back to DE shaving. I was always hoping that Merkur would sell a 3-piece slant made from stainless steel but sadly they didn't until today. Because the standard Muhle R41 gave me close shaves too I couldn't resist to order me one in stainless steel then.

Ordered me one and I'm curious how it will shave. It is still in the mail. After shaving with the Merkur slant for years I converted to straight razors, maybe this one will convert me back to DE shaving. I was always hoping that Merkur would sell a 3-piece slant made from stainless steel but sadly they didn't until today. Because the standard Muhle R41 gave me close shaves too I couldn't resist to order me one in stainless steel then.
Don't forget to share your impressions once you had some shaves with the GS :thumbsup:

Top Bottom