What's new

Muhle is launching a LE R41 Stainless Steel

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I did not notice any alignment issues with mine, but I preferred the stock zamak shave to the stainless.

Seems strange they do a stainless R41 when you'd think they'd sell more of the DE89, but maybe they didn't want to cannibalize Rocca sales? Dunno.

I did not notice any alignment issues with mine, but I preferred the stock zamak shave to the stainless.

Seems strange they do a stainless R41 when you'd think they'd sell more of the DE89, but maybe they didn't want to cannibalize Rocca sales? Dunno.
At least Mühle did a R89 limited edition (plated with Sterling Silver, thus named R89 AG).
675 Euro. 🙈

Boy, I'm glad I like the R41 far better 🤣

... oh yes, I do!

20230219_133613-01.jpeg

Is there a more efficient razor/blade combo out there than a Mühle R41 loaded with a Feather blade (2)?

Cheers!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
At least Mühle did a R89 limited edition (plated with Sterling Silver, thus named R89 AG).
675 Euro. 🙈

Boy, I'm glad I like the R41 far better 🤣
I don't understand the silver model. It's plated and plating is NOT expensive if they did the same as everyone else doing Gold, Rhodium, what have you. So I don't understand the price / value proposition there. Also, silver tarnishes and really does not in my opinion develop an attractive patina, so to me, that is a fussy over priced bit of shave den jewelry. Stainless and Titanium DE 89 and R41 would make far more sense in my opinion, but alas, Muhle does not have me on their call list to bounce ideas off.

The R41 was probably the most efficient DE razor i've ever had, but somehow the shaves weren't as enjoyable or comfortable enough and it felt rough, tuggy with small blade chatter even with sharper blades. I kept mine for only when I need a fast shave with less passes, but them I've got a MMOC, which is basically an R41 on steroids, but also much smoother and comfortable and I had to sell my R41.

I'm sure those who like the regular R41 will want to buy one of these.
I'm with you. While for me it shaves really well but no better than my old Gillette New DeLuxe
but a lot harsher

I want the head only option. Many of us have a preferred handle that we already own. I have 2 head only purchases of the R41 $25/ea. I don't want to pay for the handle I'll likely never use, and Muhle has set us up with this idea because they do it with their PMS edition. (Pot Metal Special)

Top Bottom