What's new

Muhle 33 K 256

Just got one of these as an anniversary present from my wife!! My first decent brush....i hope..

Any one know about or used one of these before?
It is a synthetic Silver tip Fibre...
IMG_0397.JPG

I have one, and I also have the Edwin Jagger model, which is the same razor. Both are excellent brushes, although expensive. I think that you can get just as good from Italian Barber's Plissoft line or Stirling Soap's synthetics a lot cheaper.

I have one, and I also have the Edwin Jagger model, which is the same razor. Both are excellent brushes, although expensive. I think that you can get just as good from Italian Barber's Plissoft line or Stirling Soap's synthetics a lot cheaper.
Ah... definitely should've done more research then...

I have had a Muhle synth for ages. It's a couple gens old but I am still happy as a clam with it.

Sir KJ, Happy Anniversary!
And, congrat's on such a thoughtful spouse!
Muehle makes great brushes and I'm certain you will enjoy their synth model.
Now, what did you give her?? Read my lips...Jewelry!!

The Muhle synthetic is considered one of the best brushes available today. It should last for many years. Congrats. Start out with just a damp brush, add water sparingly. Enjoy your new shaving brush, sir!

PS, your wife is a keeper!

Mac

Sir KJ, Happy Anniversary!
And, congrat's on such a thoughtful spouse!
Muehle makes great brushes and I'm certain you will enjoy their synth model.
Now, what did you give her?? Read my lips...Jewelry!!
Hahaha. thank you Sir!! She's getting a weekend away at a spa resort in the mountains...and i get to go with!:001_302:

The Muhle synthetic is considered one of the best brushes available today. It should last for many years. Congrats. Start out with just a damp brush, add water sparingly. Enjoy your new shaving brush, sir!

PS, your wife is a keeper!

Mac

Great looking brush! (And be sure to keep the LOTH happy!!) :a14::a14:

Thanks guys. Ill remember the water tip!!!

Just got one of these as an anniversary present from my wife!! My first decent brush....i hope..

Any one know about or used one of these before?
It is a synthetic Silver tip Fibre...
View attachment 883131

Hi @KJI.

I have the same brush (although I think mine has a smaller knot). It lather easily for me on both triple milled soaps and creams. I also find it very soft yet not floppy. Has good spring to it but still splays nicely when needed in my experience. Sometimes lather can ride up the side of the brush but that’s pretty common with synthetics.

While other quality synthetics are more affordable many consider Muhle STF fibers to be among best synthetics (if not the best). All in all it’s a great brush with a cool look. Enjoy it!! [emoji3]

Hi @KJI.

I have the same brush (although I think mine has a smaller knot). It lather easily for me on both triple milled soaps and creams. I also find it very soft yet not floppy. Has good spring to it but still splays nicely when needed in my experience. Sometimes lather can ride up the side of the brush but that’s pretty common with synthetics.

While other quality synthetics are more affordable many consider Muhle STF fibers to be among best synthetics (if not the best). All in all it’s a great brush with a cool look. Enjoy it!! [emoji3]
Thank you! I just had my first shave with it! its a completely different world to the generic "broom-bristle" cheapo brush i'd been using before. It so soft, lathers like a dream and keeps the lather warm...holds a fair bit of water as well..

Great brush! Excellent! I think it is a little springy and stiff but you tells us how it lathers!

@RandySp My experience with brushes is admittedly limited. Are most decent badger brushes then floppy? I like the spring but your post had me curious.

I generally only use a synthetic (the Muhle STF and a couple RR type plissofts). I do have a boar brush.

I have 2 Muhle STF brushes, a 25mm knot and a 23mm knot. I also have the similar Edwin Jagger brush. They are great brushes, among my favorites.

Brushes Muhle.JPG

Great brush! Excellent! I think it is a little springy and stiff but you tells us how it lathers!
Im not sure how useful my review/opinion would be as its my first decent brush...only been at this (wet shaving) for 3 months now.
As far as I can tell:
- It really holds onto to water, so in my case the lather stays relatively warm (warm water shaver).
- Really soft, it feels amazing rubbing it over my skin...like a soft, creamy, warm, hairy, gentle hand softly caressing my face..
- It took a little more force to splay it than I initially expected or am used to...but Im learning.
- Im using Vintage Vines shaving cream, and normally, will the old generic cheapo "broom bristle" brush, it would take time to build a passable lather. With the Muhle the lather comes up in a matter of seconds and is nice, soft, slick and glossy...
- Todays shave was probably the best Ive ever given myself...i haven't changed anything (still a Feather in my R89) apart from the brush and the quality of the subsequent lather...

Thank you..

Ill be happy to answer any questions:001_tt2:

Congrats on the brush, reading your initial reports on it, it seems like a winner for you! More importantly, happy anniversary!

Extremely versatile both with hard soaps and creams, produces fairly easily lather with soaps that have a difficult reputation in that respect, great for travel as it dries fast, and mildew is not much of a concern either.

I shave mostly with silvertips, but I haven’t found a synthetic brush that beats the Mühle Silvertip Fibre® synthetics.
With these brushes, synthetics gave low and middle range badgers IMO for the first time a good run for their money.

B.

Extremely versatile both with hard soaps and creams, produces fairly easily lather with soaps that have a difficult reputation in that respect, great for travel as it dries fast, and mildew is not much of a concern either.

I shave mostly with silvertips, but I haven’t found a synthetic brush that beats the Mühle Silvertip Fibre® synthetics.
With these brushes, synthetics gave low and middle range badgers IMO for the first time a good run for their money.

B.
Yeah, its pretty awesome. Cant really imagine by how much or if actual badgers are better...i suppose ill have to buy a real one as well and see..

Congrats on the brush, reading your initial reports on it, it seems like a winner for you! More importantly, happy anniversary!

Thanks bud!

Top Bottom