What's new

Mugs, scuttles and bowls in Australia

What's the "border security fee" I have never seen that for any items coming in from overseas, hats from OZ, fountain pens and razors from Germany, GB, the Netherlands, and occasionally Turkey and the Balkans.

Apparently this: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/334/~/user-fee---merchandise-processing-fees

MPF for informal entries is assessed on goods that are transported to the U.S. via air, ship and international mail. MPF for informal entries is a set fee and ranges from $5.00 to $9.00 per shipment.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
What's the "border security fee" I have never seen that for any items coming in from overseas, hats from OZ, fountain pens and razors from Germany, GB, the Netherlands, and occasionally Turkey and the Balkans.
not sure with the US but here in NZ there are fees to bring stuff into the country. GST is added and customs fees.
I have not paid anything for shaving items from Germany, UK and the USA
each country is differnt but here they do not charge until the amount owed is over $60.

I could have sworn you don't have to pay anything items under $1000 (Australia)

This.

GST of 10% applied to total shipments of or exceeding $1,000, except where the shipment contains things like beverage alcohol and other scheduled items.

Big sore point for bricks and mortar stores at the moment...but they seem to be blind to the fact that 300% margins don't compute against 10% GST...

Top Bottom