What's new

Muehle Travel Brush

I just tried my new Muehle Travel Brush (pure badger) for the first time and it was rough. It was not the stiffness that bothered me, but that the bristles seemed to sharp at the ends, giving a scratching feeling on my face.

Is this normal for pure badger?

Will it break in and be soft?

I have it soaking in Dawn right now.

I just tried my new Muehle Travel Brush (pure badger) for the first time and it was rough. It was not the stiffness that bothered me, but that the bristles seemed to sharp at the ends, giving a scratching feeling on my face.

Is this normal for pure badger?

Will it break in and be soft?

I have it soaking in Dawn right now.

Yes, it's normal for pure badger. It will soften somewhat with use but it will still be a bit prickly.

I've even taken sandpaper to the tips to try to make a pure less scratchy. Just too rough on my face.

"I've even taken sandpaper to the tips to try to make a pure less scratchy. Just too rough on my face. "

I've thought of that as well. Did it work?

Is there anything to make it less scratchy?

"I've even taken sandpaper to the tips to try to make a pure less scratchy. Just too rough on my face. "

Oh well, sandpaper has never crossed my mind and I really cannot think how it could help.

One of ways to make it less scratchy is to soak it well in warm water before shaving, and also wash it from time to time with some mild shampoo with hair conditioner. It will break in and soften compared to what it is now.

While I am somewhat spoiled by silvertip brushes and with extremely sensitive skin, I still don't find this brush being that rough that I could not actually enjoy using it while traveling.

No it didn't. At some point my pure will be part of a newbie PIF.

I have this brush - just let it break in and it will be fine. I don't believe the sandpaper is necessary.

If you want something softer, then you'll have to get a silver tip/super badger brush.

I think it's a decent travel brush that's just a little scrubby.

Top Bottom